Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thats one mean looking PB gun.

If im not mistaken your to the right of the frame about a 1/2 up in that last pic.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
98c
RemoteLine w/quick disconnect
Realtree Sling
Flattie
Removed rrear sights and foregrip
4x15scope(soon to be switched out for 4x32 mil-dot, as soon as i get tri-rings)
Camo tape(the cloth kind)
Universal camp bipod
Combat Stock
Rocket Cock 2(reverse side)
PTT button & velcro(not shown)
Lightened trigger pull(internal mod, homemade)
Silenced interals(Reduced ratteling, smoother action, muffled hammer - pin strike)
Polished Internals
50rd Hopper(now shown)
20ozTank(not shown)
Fake foiliage(not shown)
Camo 200rd hopper(not shown)
Gunwrap(working on it.)

After i get those tri-rings and put on the 4x32 scope i also have a red-dot i will attach above or to the left side for CQB. Just in case you were wondering :)

Actually i have a bonnie hat that i put leaves and stuff into, and my paintball mask has jute and is camo-taped. I just grabbed that camo baseball hat. Sides i went out there with him to show him how a ghillie works. Now if he had a gun and was tryin yo shoot me i would've done a better job at hiding. Shoot, i wouldnt be sitting down I'd be laying down and I'd have my BDU on under it. But yea, my shoulders/head are obvious. So you're gonna haveta trust me on this one, that is a VERY bad pic of me hiding.(However, it the only pic of my hideing.) Gah, the majority of that is me tryin to make up excuses.

But look at it this way, you see what NOT ghillied up first. Thus proving ghillies work at close range as well, for those who say they arent. Just depends on how you look at it :). I think the pic did its job.

Oh and just so you know, i snuck up on 2 rabbits, countless birds, a chipmunk, and a deer.(It ws sleeping and i think the scent of the ghillie covered up mine. And I'm positive it wsnt used to the scent of ghillies because that seems to be a well kept secret in the hunting world. Let alone a jute ghillie as oposed to burlap.)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I'm kneeling. I have faded camo shorts, BDU jacket,(underwear), my mask, boonie with leaves in it, and my gun doesnt have a rag or is it plugged in.

Sorry for the fuzzy pics my bro is more hyped up on soft drinks than me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/Ser...el/IMG_0286.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/Ser...el/IMG_0288.jpg

I'll try and get new ghillie pics soon.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/Ser...el/IMG_0303.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/Ser...el/IMG_0301.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/Ser...el/IMG_0309.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/Ser...el/IMG_0308.jpg

I got some really good ghillie pics. You can see me easier than what you would've if my brother's hands were steady, but your not going to get within 4ft of me head on looking at me anyway.

2pics are 4-5ft and the last 2 are 1ft away.

Ghillie, mask, BDU's, boots, gun(no wrap, it rained so it woulda been too light.), gloves, and my trusty ol boonie.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/ ... 001945.jpg

Sorry for the long post but I havent updated this in awhile.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
wow i really like ur gun--if you added all ur upgrades to the cost how much would it be?????

dom

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chainsaw? I'll use a shotgun, 10/22 or my paint-gun.

Well, i silenced my internals, but there is wear and tear on it, so about $400 give or take. All of which i hadda pay for(except for the remote line, that was a christmas present). After i get a few more upgrades for it I might sell it and buy a marker that Scepter Weapon Systems is makein. Its a 1/3 scale of the Windrunner. Clip fed with the air source and ammo in the clip. Bolt action, bi pod, and all the goodies. It'll be close to $500 though.

Sad thing is I'm a woodsballer, them Speedballers you see on TV in their arenas and stuff spend $1300 on a stock gun, not counting upgrades. Its crazy. Sad thing is, they spend all that money on guns but they all cheat so it seems stupid. C'est la vie.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
ghostinthewood said:
Sad thing is I'm a woodsballer, them Speedballers you see on TV in their arenas and stuff spend $1300 on a stock gun, not counting upgrades. Its crazy. Sad thing is, they spend all that money on guns but they all cheat so it seems stupid. C'est la vie.
Speedballers are punks....I played speedball with a bunch of people we threw together one night. We made the mistake of going on tournament practice night and there were lots of players out. Needless to say, we didnt have strategy because no one knew how to cover/advance and so forth....I got hit every time I was out. I counted them up. 109 welps in a 4 hour arena session. Most of that was from auto fire, and 3 games I got marked by a player who was running way to fast. The chrono timer proved that one. Speedball just has very little cover and concealment opportunity in the space it is played in. But your right...the boys with the most expensive fully auto piece of crap that would fling paint the fastest had an advantage.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Impressive camouflage--but does your marker really get you the kind of range that allows you to stay in one place and still 'reach out and touch someone'?

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, and some of the cocky local ones think they can take 3 of them vs 20 woodsballers IN THE WOODS. *Sigh*. They still think I'm an idiot who doesnt know jack-squat bout paintball. Shoulda told them I'm a mod for SpecialOps Paintball, a primairly woodsball company.

Why would i stay in one spot? 3 shots(about) and move. 1-2kills and the rest to keep their heads down. Wait for them to come right out into the open where they have to stay low, givein me the oppritunity to move. Er at least thats how it usually goes, somtimes i may just atke them all out or get up and run around a corner or over a hill to get them to follow. I try not to shoot too much too close together regardless of my shot. 1. I dont have a regulator yet, and 2. I'll end up rushing shots.

The range, I try not to stray too much past 50yrds, especially on 'soft' targets. If i can I'll aim at their gun or goggles at that range. I've gotten close enough to touch people with my barrel and gotten those 50yrd kills I mentioned. Though, a lot of my kills come from either close range(within 20ft) to about 35-40yrds.

Its kinda really nice to play the way i do, take people out long range or to stick your barrel between their legs when they nearly walk over you and let them have the choice of calling themselves out or to get shot.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
I just realized that looking at your head veil makes me think of Chewbacca! LOL

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
hahahahaha, sadly, that's a pretty good point

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Recoil said:
ghostinthewood said:
Chewy, Wookie, Saquatch, BIg Foot, Swamp thing, yup, people with ghillies get called names a lot.
You forgot "Stinky." :)
Erm about that, it was just last night that i caught myself using my ghillie as a pillow and enjoying the smell of old mud and jute . . . may just be me then o.o

(Sad thing is I'm serious.)

·
Registered
365 Posts
12twist said:
ghostinthewood said:
Speedballers are punks....I played speedball with a bunch of people we threw together one night. We made the mistake of going on tournament practice night and there were lots of players out. Needless to say, we didnt have strategy because no one knew how to cover/advance and so forth....I got hit every time I was out. I counted them up. 109 welps in a 4 hour arena session. Most of that was from auto fire, and 3 games I got marked by a player who was running way to fast. The chrono timer proved that one. Speedball just has very little cover and concealment opportunity in the space it is played in. But your right...the boys with the most expensive fully auto piece of crap that would fling paint the fastest had an advantage.
Ok wrong wrong wrong. Im a speedballer, and its so much fun compared to woods ball. Thats opinion. I dont know what your talking about with the auto markers, but in speedball the use of auto is frowned apon. That really only happens in back yard tourneys or at local fields (if that rule doesnt exsist) Tourneys in the NXL, PsP, and NPPL have a rule that says full auto markers are illegal. Thats the whole reason the markers have ultra light trigger pull and short pull as well.

Yes you waste tons of paint in speedball, but personaly Idont give a flying poo. heh ALso in speedball, cheating is so frowned apon too. Like my local field, I konw 3 guys that are banned for X months because they played on. The NXL,PsP,NPPL definaltyl dont tolerate it. So dont be stereotyping. I'm just here to put up a defense for speeballers, which my opinion is the reason why PB is getting televised and might be an olympic sport (personaly doubt it).

·
Registered
365 Posts
but aside my defense, damm nice tippy! If i ever done woods ball id get that or a WGP Cocker (black of course)

As for your images above, i'd never put jute/burlap on the front of a ghillie if your stalking with it. Thats how crap gets tangled up. As for the back, theirs to many brown strips of jute. I can see a few lines going down. But the bottem there is no strips that are visable. Get what im saying? The suit has to be unpredictable. Because in nature colors are all different and they are not semetrical. *After looking at it for 4th time* I see there is some brown near the bottem, but not as much as above. Do something with the brown strips by your shoulders. Other than that I assume you fill the empty squares with vegitation? Nice shi* man :eek:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts