Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with either of these, the models 34 (9mm) and 35 (.40) slightly longslide "Tactical/Practical" Glocks?

I hear they're hugely popular in action pistol events, and I was considering getting one or the other (probably the 9mm). They're actually shorter than a gov't model, and much lighter, so I could even use it as a carry pistol.

I'm thinking of going with one of those models because they have *almost* everything I want in pistol. That, and I wouldn't be tempted to send it off somewhere to make it "better". Seriously. It's the one handgun that I don't look at and immediately start thinking about how to make it perfect. :wink:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Great sidearm. I own both. I shoot the 34 in IDPA along with the 19. I would suggest removing the factory sights and replacing them with either Novaks or Heini's (Drop in). The 34 comes w/ an extended slide lock, replace it w/ the standard. I have a traditional 1911 grip, and my thumb sometimes locks the slide back by accident when shooting, so that came off. The standard adjustable sights walk after a while. Other than that, I have around 11,000 rounds through my 34, still running like a rolex. It swallows anything, and 9mm is cheap. As a concealed firearm, it is rather long, and a 19/23 would be much more practical. However, if your a military/law enforcement type, a 34/35 would be most practical in a leg holster, hence the name "Practical Tactical". Good luck

·
Registered
48 Posts
Great sidearm. I own both. I shoot the 34 in IDPA along with the 19. I would suggest removing the factory sights and replacing them with either Novaks or Heini's (Drop in). The 34 comes w/ an extended slide lock, replace it w/ the standard. I have a traditional 1911 grip, and my thumb sometimes locks the slide back by accident when shooting, so that came off. The standard adjustable sights walk after a while. Other than that, I have around 11,000 rounds through my 34, still running like a rolex. It swallows anything, and 9mm is cheap. As a concealed firearm, it is rather long, and a 19/23 would be much more practical. However, if your a military/law enforcement type, a 34/35 would be most practical in a leg holster, hence the name "Practical Tactical". Good luck

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the feedback bigohio. If I replaced the sights (and if they walk I will) I'd have to replace them with MMC adjustables or the Novak extreme duty adjustables. I have trouble manipulating the standard slide release on a friend's 17, so I may keep the extended one. Again, thanks for the advice :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts