Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok everyone im goin back to Fort Benning on 18 May 2005 to finish what i started
its about time i go back, should only have to complete weeks 10-14... 1 week of training, a week long FTX, 2 weeks of bordom- wiping down my equipment and wall locker for final inspection and such

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Alright Jeff! Time to get it all finished

Try not to spend too much time polishing your equipment when you get bored :lol: Just kidding man, I know you lost some size but you're still scary lookin, so I don't want to be on your bad side lol.

Show em how its done and best of luck, scout platoon soon!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep
rumor has it they do away with recovery... make it a 12 week cycle
right now recovery is like a week or so and thats way too long... talked to hold overs and people from other companies in recovery after FTX and they all said its incredibly boring, nothing to do once they turn in all thier TA50 and weapons

·
Registered
222 Posts
About time you went back :D If all your doing is cleaning for two weeks I expect to see you in the forums. Get her done!!!!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drew said:
About time you went back :D If all your doing is cleaning for two weeks I expect to see you in the forums. Get her done!!!!
we dont get computers there lol
no lap tops, cell phones, etc

in red phase we had no privlidges

in white phase... dont laugh, seriously... we earned the right to buy cough drops when we got our 6 hour pass at the PX
we also were allowed to use the weaponeer and track on our personal time

in blue phase if we were hi speed we had phone rights... if you didnt score expert and come close to maxing your PT test chances are the Drills
woudlnt let you use the phone saying you should use the weaponeer or the track/pullup/situp bars on your personal time... i was allowed to use the phones every night but i got 1 chance and it took my whole personal time, barely had time to take the showers and it was a short phone call
we were also given 5 minutes to eat... before that it was 90 seconds

in black phase every solider who graduated basic was allowed to use the phones on personal time... whole company on 6 phones... never got to them first :(
oh yea we got the right to say Hooah after black phase and they refered to us as soldiers instead of some other not so nice name ;)
that was just the drills in 1st Platoon, when a Drill Sergeant said hooah everyone else would tear the roof down and 1st Platoon would nod thier heads looking like beaten puppies with thier tails between thier legs

gold phase from what i hear the Drills tell us jokes and stuff, smoke the living [email protected]#$ out of you at PT and generally have you clean equipment, grand weekend passes to the PX and stuff, what ive herd from Charlie, Delta and Echo companies who were ahead of Bravo company on the cycle, holdovers told us that too just apparently Bravo doesnt give any passes out :(

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Have fun!!!

BC

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey mel, subThermal anyone else who was down there
just wondering what unit down at Sand Hill were you in for OSUT?
i was Bravo 1/329 Infantry
and who were your Drills... maybe we had the same ones lol its always possible

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Jeff_850 said:
hey mel, subThermal anyone else who was down there
just wondering what unit down at Sand Hill were you in for OSUT?
i was Bravo 1/329 Infantry
and who were your Drills... maybe we had the same ones lol its always possible
They changed the unit structure some time ago... when I was at Sand Hill 22+ yrs ago, I was in Echo Co/7th Bn/!st Infantry Training Brigade
Airborne School underwent the same unit change...I was in 44th Co., but they have changed that, too

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
they probably have changed it over the years

now i think they have like 3 Infantry Training Brigades and 3 Basic Combat Training Brigades

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just got back from my last night of freedom or really it was my last 48 hours of freedom or whatever ammount of time i was up for
not really nervous like i was last time i left for military training, i know what to expect

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Good luck, Jeff! And remember...once you are through with your training there and get to your regular duty station, THAT'S when your training REALLY begins!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

Have fun Jeff, not long until your through with recruit training now.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: re

Yimmy said:
Have fun Jeff, not long until your through with recruit training now.
im done with recruit training, just an MOS school now

lonewolf:
infantry school just reviews what a unit will end up going in depth with

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Re: re

Jeff_850 said:
im done with recruit training, just an MOS school now

lonewolf:
infantry school just reviews what a unit will end up going in depth with
I know, Jeff...I'm a former Infantryman myself.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
few hours now

i know what to expect this time
by this time tommarrow ill be preparing for bed in Benning

1 - 20 of 22 Posts