Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this, and I want one.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u ... _boy_truck

They can't mean this for everyday use, doesn't look like it's for getting groceries. Unless you are having one hell of a party, in Montana, with a bunch of your shootin' buddies... :)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Actually... there was a truck sold at the 2005 Barrett Jackson Scottsdale auction... it was the first vehicle sold... it makes that truck look small. It was so large they couldnt get it into the sales tent :D . I forget what the name was but here is the list http://www.barrett-jackson.com/auctionr ... esults.asp .... it sold for just over $100,000 i remember. They said it was the largest production truck in the world.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Actually, International (yes the dump truck company) makes a passenger truck based on their small dump truck frame. You wanna see a huge vehicle. check that bad mo fo out.

·
Registered
383 Posts
spade said:
Actually, International (yes the dump truck company) makes a passenger truck based on their small dump truck frame. You wanna see a huge vehicle. check that bad mo fo out.
I was thinking the EXACT same thing. Another Texas company to boot! Thier trucks only cost about 80k if I am not mistaken, built on a dump truck chassis / tranny with popular ford / dodge frames.

·
Registered
292 Posts
tell me about your f150, i have a bergunday and white '95 with a 351W, cobra jet mustang style hoodscoop, the 93-95 lightning fron valance,sunvisor,and tool box...i love my truck :D

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, mine's an 03, all white, chrome runningboards, Triton V8, 6 disc changer, 4 door... nothing really special. Plenty for my lifestyle anyway, does great getting groceries and haulin the kid around. These big honkin beasts would just be to annoy my dad. I wanted to get this 150 with a deisel engine because I like the beefier sounding engines. Old 455's and stuff like that sound so cool. I'm not much of a car/truck guy, but I know when I like something. He started off "oh they just smell bad and guzzle fuel"; then I really wanted deisel. These monsters just look fun, and I'm sure they would be fun toolin' around some huge pasture with a bunch of guys in the back poppin prarire rodents with sniper rifles. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
oh yeah, I can see it now!

Kaz at the wheel and about a dozen of us in the back rippin M-1As, ARs and SCs...and stackin up dead rodents!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will have my AR out the window of course...

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I'll bring the black powder rifle... i always wanted to try a 500 yard shot with my muzzleloader from a moving vehicle...LOL

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Well, I'm not kidding when I say I knew some guys that used to hunt antelope like that in Eastern Montana. They would go tearing off across the plains in their pickup truck to catch up to the 'lope, and then everyone would bail out and start shooting.... :roll:

yikes... is all I would say

MEL

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I remember going pheasant hunting once with a couple of buddies of mine... We walked all over this pasture (South end to North end) and found NOTHING! We climbed in the truck and drove off. Passing the North end of said pasture, literally HUNDREDS of roosters flew overhead toward the protected land. As I was watching in amazement at these mysterious birds that materialized out of nowhere just to piss me off, I notice my buddy hanging out of the passenger side window with his shotgun drawn, nearly taking off my side mirror, and yelling "F*** IT! I'M TAKIN' 'EM!"

·
Registered
76 Posts
Pheasant ??!!

One of my most favorite pastimes, back in the mid 60s it was not illeagle to hunt from moving vehicle and we had stripped down this old 1950 Buick road Master and put seats out on the front fenders, we would take it out to north western Ks. every year hahaha that was a blast.
Not to many places around Wichita but there are still some good places to go out west.
Rusty

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Pheasant ??!!

OLD TOUCH said:
...put seats out on the front fenders...
Tailgating 18 wheelers to freak out whoever was in those seats comes to mind. :lol: :twisted: And you thought bird crap was a pain in the butt to clean off a windshield. :shock:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts