Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey BC and those in the know.
I finally got it approved, My MOS is no longer "critical" after three weeks of arguing I have been given permission to run the next Indoc. Hopefully I am well prepared. It sounds like it should be a real smoke fest since our new Sgt. Maj. is a ex scout sniper and is watching closely, I will keep you posted. :D

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Great news poundcake!!! Congratulations, but now, you CANNOT let us down!! Good luck, and go get ready!!

MEL

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Way to go poundcake! You can do it

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
KILL!!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sounds Great.

But to tell you the truth I don't know what this means. Could someone tell me in layman's terms.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Drew man, They stopped bullshitting him, He got into sniper school.

Give it a good go poundcake, make us proud.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Congratulations, Poundcake!!! Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Man that is awesome!!!!! Don't let us down though or we are going to give you a good verbal beating on the boards, lol!!! :D

I am sure you will do great.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Good to hear!!!

As far as my struggle goes... every time i am denied i send in another request. It has been just over 2 years since i have started this repetition of insanity. Hopefully they will get the picture... :) I know that i will not stop untill i get what i want.

*Edited for spelling*

BC

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
BC goin to SS school = death to all terrorists :p

Good luck again poundcake.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Congratulations

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey everybody, thanks for the motivation,
to correct spade, I'm not going to sniper school yet, my command has stopped screwing with me and are letting me take the indoc to get into the STA platoon, which is made up of school trained snipers and non school trained snipers. If the indoc goes well then I will be up for actual sniper school, but that depends on when the next one starts in realation to our deployment date. KILL

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
If i remember correctly...

1: Apply for INDOC
2: Kiss enough ass to get the go ahead for indoc (and hope they dont give you the "Critical MOS" bull plop) :roll:
3: Go to INDOC and Pass INDOC
4: Get assigned to an STA platoon
5: Fill a Sniper billet in the STA platoon
6: Go to Scout Sniper School and be good enough to pass
7: Return to your STA platoon... you are now a Scout Sniper.

EDITED TO ADD: At this point in time... he is inbetween numbers 2 and 3.

BC

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Poundcake said:
Hey everybody, thanks for the motivation,
to correct spade, I'm not going to sniper school yet, my command has stopped screwing with me and are letting me take the indoc to get into the STA platoon, which is made up of school trained snipers and non school trained snipers. If the indoc goes well then I will be up for actual sniper school, but that depends on when the next one starts in realation to our deployment date. KILL
Yeah, he wanted it as simple as possible though pound...lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks BC, you are exactly right as usual. just out of curiosity, how is your unit broken down from the Co. level, is it three rifle plts and a weapons? I can't imagine it would be but I've been meaning to ask. And I also understand that you don't really have the whole STA unit its just you are a Hog or you're not, correct?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Poundcake said:
thanks BC, you are exactly right as usual. just out of curiosity, how is your unit broken down from the Co. level, is it three rifle plts and a weapons? I can't imagine it would be but I've been meaning to ask. And I also understand that you don't really have the whole STA unit its just you are a Hog or you're not, correct?
Each Force Reconassaince Company is split up into 5 platoons. Each platoon is (for MEU deployments) attached to a MEU. 5th platoon 1st Force Recon Company is attached to the 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit's Headquarter Group. However... the Force Reconassaince Platoons of 1st Force Reconassaince Company are at all times directly in support of the 1st MEF Headquarters Group unless otherwise noted. We dont have any weapon platoons or anything... the Platoon is built on the concept of Operators with specialtys. There are 4 groups of 6 men in each platoon... and 5 platoons in each company. The largest direct weapon we have is either the AT4... or Javalin. We carry the heavy weapons (such as the AT-4's or Javalins) in our vehicles... our RSTV. Each man in the 6 man group is capable of carrying just about anything he wants... but it usually ends up like this.

(Not in any order)
1 Team Leader... misc rifles / subguns.
1 Scout Sniper... just about any sniper weapon you can think of.
1 Pointman (also demolitions)... misc rifles / subguns / shotguns.
1 Radioman (also spotter for sniper team)... misc rifles / subguns.
1 Corpsman... misc rifles / subguns.
1 Machinegunner... Usually me... MK-48 Mod 0 / M-60E4 / MK-46 SAW.

Some times you will have to take a DM instead of a Scout Sniper... because there arnt enough Snipers in the platoon to go around for all 4 teams.

BC

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thats about what I expected, the few times I have seen you guys in country I noticed that you were outstandingly equipped both with weapons and gear. That is one of the many reasons I want to do this cross over, I'm tired of "gear uniformity" being SOP. looking like everybody else is a poor reason to die. Well, I'm off to carb load

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey... PC and BC... cool... 8)

Anyway, congratulations poundcake... :D it would be cool to have a new sniper on the board... :)

And hope that your request would be granted BC... :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts