Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI every one. i was just wondering if anyone had some kick ass military srories that they wouldnt mind sharing, just hoping to see what people with experience have done !!

:) :) :D :lol:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Misc... if anything.

BC

·
Registered
152 Posts
subThermal said:
I fell out of a tree once. Didn't even hurt the rifle. :lol: But I have discussed this before with mild embarassment.
above all else save the rifle. In one of the henderson books he even talks about a scout sniper student grabbing a rifle out of hathcocks hand only to let hathcock fall on his face in an MS fit. im sure gunny would have done the same lol

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
lol yeah, I bet the gunny had wanted it that way. Man, that guy was something.

As for saving the rifle, I saw one of my buds fall backwards from a moving quad, tumble, bounce, and still have the rifle held high the whole time lol.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Muzzleblast said:
I saw one of my buds fall backwards from a moving quad, tumble, bounce, and still have the rifle held high the whole time lol.
Hope the safty was on (and prefferably not loaded) :shock:

BC

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
I have lots of great stories, some of them are even true. :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
yup, rifle was an unloaded scoped Win 70...would have hated to see it take a tumble in the dirt

·
Registered
576 Posts
I was out Airsofting in a MilSim event out West a while back. We're in the field with a six man element, "recce" patrol, when the patrol leader (I was designated point-man/guide because I knew the area) decides to order us up onto a ridge.

With the sun cresting behind it.

Over a river.

So after I figure out that "Logic is optional" we turn the 'recce' into a "Look at the OPFOR sitting on the ridge" event and then we proceed along this ridge for the better part of five hundred meters when I manage to fling myself off the ridgeline. It's not a huge ridge, so all I screwed up was my knee, but still.

See, he had us walking along the ridgeline. Directly along it. There were some trees and whatnot about ten meters back from the ledge, but those were so densely packed (not to mention, it's a Goddamn silhoutte issue) that we couldn't get through. I had shifted back to "tail end Charlie" the point-man, who had been switched out for someone who wouldn't keep signaling for the patrol to crawl. (Me.)

The point man, had stepped over this rock. My left foot, went onto the rock. Imagine a T, where the stem is the ledge and the bar at the top of X-height is the rock. This rock, levered my ass right over the side, so I had no chance of recovery. The other end of the rock decided that hitting me in the left knee was also a good idea, wham, off I go.

So with the Tokyo Marui M-16A2 held high, I plummet about fifteen meters (Not a big ridge, by any means, but when you're out in Steppe-Country, Alberta, pretty large) into the water below. Nice deep river.

Japanese Tourists do not help you. They merely take pictures while "Stupid white boy" float helplessly downstream.

Considering that a Airsoft AEG is powered by a fairly large battery, I'm glad I didn't waste every fish in a 50-meter radius and myself. I floated up on a riverbank, pretty well stunned. But the rifle was dry.

My ammo was soaked-through, but I had the foresight to wrap my spare battery in a plastic ziploc bag. Those things are amazing. Took me something like two and a half hours to dry all of my kit off and get a unit transfer. Damn. Even the newest "Two Ell-Tee" from Infantry Battle School doesn't walk a patrol directly along a ridgeline at dawn. At any time, for that matter.

That wasn't exactly military.

I'll relay one from an Artilleryman I heard a while back. This guy was serving in Bosnia, and was out getting mail with the mate in a Landie.

There was this one female belonging to a construction unit who'd had her load roll off the loadbed of this crane-truck-carrier thing, and into a ditch. So she was using the crane to reload the truck, but she was at ninety degrees to the load, so that when she lifted it, a lot of weight would be out on one side. She'd asked the two guys in the Landie to watch the road for incoming traffic, flag them down, and to - in this case - watch the crane tip over. Now they're artillerymen, so they know big guns, not cranes.

Apparently this kinda vehicle happens to have side-stablizers, which are meant to be deployed whenever the crane is in use. She hadn't done this.

So the two men merrily watched as she tipped the crane right over atop the load, and then buggered back off to the firebase up on *Forgotten Name Hill.*

I wonder how she explained that one to the C/O.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I guess your patrol leader never heard of the "military crest" of a hill!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
576 Posts
My patrol leader also "knew" Tae Kwon Do. It was an interesting Post-MilSim 'Martial Arts Event.'

Stories from my time as a RCAC:
- Sergeant McMillian and the NightNav Gone Horribly Wrong.

This starts out after being trucked to our AO, about fifteen klicks out of town. Amazingly, there ARE trees around Calgary, since we were in one of the largest Goddamn forests I've ever seen. I was taking a section of cadets out on a Night Navigation exercise, which would commence at 2315 and ideally finish with us returning to the Company's footprint by 0135 or so.

At this stage of the operation, the six rookies (FNGs. In all honesty.) were sitting there staring wide-eyed at me, because logically, a Gefreiter (We call it Master Corporal, but the German rank can be said much faster) is God. Apparently. My Section 2iC, a Corporal, was at the end of the formation (Column) keeping everyone together. I was moving us along through the forest between waypoints just fine, when I figure we're on a recognizable terrain feature (Point 27) and it occurs to me that it would be a great time to get some of the new guys (Three) under a poncho to learn this oh-so-crucial skill. So I whip out the red-lensed flashlight, get under the Nakhoda Basha / Poncho deal, teach them. In theory, they learnt.

Unfortunately, one of the cadets didn't quite understand "keep the edges of the poncho to the ground" so that the light doesn't seep out and act like a Goddamn flare as to where we are. So, this beam of red light probably terminated on the hillside where Sergeant McMillian (This was her name. Every time I hear about McMillian stocks, I remember this story) was waiting to "Ambush" my patrol, it seems.

So, she knows roughly where we are. Unfortunately, running to the front of Point 28 is a ravine of sorts. It is about five meters wide, and maybe seven deep. In the middle of this, there's a barbed-wire fence, probably a property-divider of some sorts. In the dark, it looks to be about five feet across, easy jumping distance.

What happened is we went for cover pretty damn fast when we heard this banshee screaming not seventy five meter to our front-left. A few of the FNGs probably **** themselves. I had no Goddamn clue what it was, so I was thinking:
"That's starting to get a little unnerving. I swear, if that's a cadet, I will beat her. Unless she outranks me. In which case, I'll have the CEO of some major company put out a $50,000 hit on her. Yeah. Logic. Optional."

Or something along those lines. Let me describe what happened, starting off with:
There is a reason why you are taught to long-jump with both of your legs together.

What we found was that Sgt. "Das Bitch!" McMillian had discovered this ravine, the barbed wire fence, and WHY to jump with your legs together. Long jump, that is. So she landed, legs spread, on the barbed wire. Need I say more? I probably could have stopped a while ago and said that, but nah, it's 0130, so I might as well keep going.

Yep. Good times, good times.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Ah, the cadets. Brings back memories of something I had seen here.

1) one of them was at least 300 pounds and wearing jump wings. How? I don't know.

2) my bud was asked to attend a cadet parade since he had just returned from Operation Athena in Asscrackistan, so he took me with him. Some interesing stuff there. He was wearing his dress uniform, with land forces command badge, signals shoulderboards, and the word "Signals" written on each shoulder, shooting insignia on the arms, etc. Some guy looked at him and said "You look sharp son, are your parents watching?" The swearing that followed would have taught a dockworker some new ones.

The officers are waaay too hard on those kids. I know they're army cadets, but still. This was also addressed in a foul mouthed manner lol.

Among my favorite qoutes was to a Cadet Lt. "Sir! Ahhhrg, I just saluted a @#$&@# Cadet!"

·
Registered
576 Posts
BWAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA!

To answer point one:

1) one of them was at least 300 pounds and wearing jump wings. How? I don't know.
Saw this guy too. Or someone similar. The answer to "how" is "Cargo Parachute."

Some guy looked at him and said "You look sharp son, are your parents watching?" The swearing that followed would have taught a dockworker some new ones.
Holy F*ck.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
LOL yeah...operation dumbo drop. Seriously, this guy was huge.

Bet they hid a retro rocket in his caboose

·
Registered
994 Posts
Dead Roman said:
In one of the henderson books he even talks about a scout sniper student grabbing a rifle out of hathcocks hand only to let hathcock fall on his face in an MS fit.
Multiple Schlerosis?

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Yes... Carlos Norman Hathcock II died Feb 23, 1999 from Multiple Schlerosis. He now guards the gates of heaven... with a .30-06 :twisted:

BC

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I got stabbed with an icepick by a man I assume was homeless in the Philadelphia train station.

That was a hoot... :x

A great time was had by all.

-snowy

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sounds like my friend's experiance with homeless people. Thank God they spend their money on icepicks and booze.

It's hard, distinguishing homeless people from the NDP in this country.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
The NDP stabbed your buddy with an icepick? No wonder they never get any votes!

Snowy, what happened? There was one crazy vagrant we used to have around here when I was a kid whom we called "Rambo". Because he tied his necktie around his forehead, sweatband style. Usually pretended to be talking on an imaginary cell phone and ran around being belligerent. Kinda like a tactical hobo or something. Dunno what became of him. I think the nice men with the butterfly nets came and took him away.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts