Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought you guys might dig seeing this, I really did.

Clayton Murwin is assembling a graphic novel illustrated by comics artists, composed of real stories as told by real GI's from their experiences in Iraq and Afghanistan, and all of the proceeds after shipping and distribution are going to the Wounded Warriors Project, the USO, Fisher House, and Soldiers Memorial Fund.

Looks like its going to be a very good book too and the art is pretty crisp.

Check it out :) I don't know when it will be printed because they are still raising funds for the printing cost.

http://heroesfallen.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Sending a check and an offer to help with scripting. They're not looking to raise a lot of money, between us all here, we should be able to raise it...

Cheers

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats very cool of you Pen, and I think its a nice thing to do.

I just thought our military and ex military members might like to see that someone is doing something for them, that their voices and stories have found a pretty cool medium, and that regular guys like you and me would also appreciate it a lot and maybe want to read the book or help out.

I do think Mr Murwn and the others who worked on it are doing something very commendable though, and sincerely trying to give back to those who have stepped up on their own to give so much for us. And thats worthy of support.

Bet I ain't the only one who thinks could write the heck out of somethin tho!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Those are really well done illustrations on that blog. When I get time I'm going to check out some of the articles. I haven't ready any war stories in awhile. I think a great deal of the public is out of touch with the struggles troops are dealing with there and after.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think I will donate to the charities directly (Wounded Warriors) .

No need for a middle man who's only going to pass on the residual.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Believe me, the donations to WWP are doing great things. The guys I know that have been seriously wounded here in AFG are very well taken care of once they get evacuated. Most of them talk about being overwhelmed at the support they get as they start their long road to recovery. Much of that support comes from the WWP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts