Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Quick heads-up for those of you that do not want to spend a ton of money on products like Harris or Atlas, like special features and appreciate a solid construction

Was looking for a solid BiPod for my RPR in 6.5CR. Like many purchased the Harris...but continued to do research on other options. When I came across the TipTop BiPod, I could not wait to return the Harris. The TipTop is a GREAT product. Solid and built heavy duty. I wanted something solid, durable, with various options and not go Atlas way ($). The Harris looked very skimpy, almost like for an air rifle or at most for a .22 Cal. The Pivot & Pan features - standard - are of great benefit. You do not find these features at other bipods under $100.00. Sincerely - I would have paid over $100.00 with no regrets. The attention to details is perfect, the unit attaches to the front stud in less than 3 seconds. Great detail: the metal part that comes in contact with the lower part of the rifle (in my case the free floating hand guard rail) is covered with a heavy duty industrial felt not to scratch the metal).

All in all, I could not be happier. Purchase was smooth, fast shipping and the package is sturdy, done right with all instructions, booklet with pictures.

They are launching a new BiPod with notched legs (no pivot & pan). Will get that one too and write a review later. Bipod-1.jpg Bipod-2.jpg Bipod-3.jpg

·
Registered
320 Posts
I went all over their web site and checked Ebay and there is not a mention of American made. Looks to be chink **** and I would not purchase anything Chinese made in gun parts and accessories.

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Looks like just another Harris knockoff. Country of manufacture is China.

I will spend a few dollars more and support American economy. Personally I wouldn’t go without an atlas...but a Harris is very similar in price and is American made. This bipod looks to be on par with a Caldwell or utg.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Atlas isn't the only way to go but a good one and either that or the Harris will be a better option that that TipTop. Just another chinese Harris knock off.

The part that made me laugh in the post and was blatant marketing and talking down a similar product not to mention untrue was:
"The Harris looked very skimpy, almost like for an air rifle or at most for a .22 Cal. "

LOL I have Harris bipods that have been used in matches and beat up for well over a decade and still going strong. Not on air rifles or .22s. LOL OP let me know how long that knock off lasts you. Most make a year or so until they start loosening up and losing parts.

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
The part that made me laugh in the post and was blatant marketing and talking down a similar product not to mention untrue was:
"The Harris looked very skimpy, almost like for an air rifle or at most for a .22 Cal. "
Same here. I saw the pictures and was like, um okay then.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I contacted Tip-Top directly and they confirmed to me that the bipod was made in China, comparing it to the the Apple cellular phones. Hmmmmm. OMHO

·
Registered
848 Posts
Knock off products should be banned, whether they are from China or Swiss. For economical, social and Ethical reasons.

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
I contacted Tip-Top directly and they confirmed to me that the bipod was made in China, comparing it to the the Apple cellular phones. Hmmmmm. OMHO
See I think there is a difference between a company like Apple or Vortex that manufacturers their own designed and developed product in China vs a company that flat out knocks off an American made product and makes it in China.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I went all over their web site and checked Ebay and there is not a mention of American made. Looks to be chink **** and I would not purchase anything Chinese made in gun parts and accessories.
I agree - it is made in China...BUT...let's look at this objectively: Not everything made in China is really junk. ALL toys are made in China, ALL electronics are made in China, ALL cameras are made in China, Volvo - the symbol of Scandinavian car manufacture when heading for bankruptcy was bought by Chinese...have you seen the 2018 Volvo made under Chinese leadership?...an engineering piece of art!

So - open up your views...check first and then talk. Quality is here, engineering is here and pricing is excellent.
The only thing they do not have yet is Name Recognition and a Million$ Marketing platform.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Knock off products should be banned, whether they are from China or Swiss. For economical, social and Ethical reasons.
We should ban then: Apple, Walmart, Amazon, DELL, HP and so many other successful American companies that are making BILLIONS by manufacturing in China and selling around the world. I am sorry...I also like quality and make intelligent decisions with how I spend my money: but here politics is NOT welcome.
I refuse to pay $300+ for an Atlas that has less features...just because a name.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Living in LA you should know better: more than half of LA is owned by people from Asia. And most of successful American companies owe their success to the Chinese. I am American, love this country - but understand the International implications of living in a GLOBAL ECONOMY...where we kind off missed the boat in the last 20+ years...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well - I went and bought the latest product that has the notched legs.

I am as pleased as I was when purchasing the initial one. Lots of features in a bipod that costs at least $200 less than anything similar with a "recognized name".

Listen...I agree with all of you pushing US made products that costs so much more. But your remarks need to be based on understanding the world we live in. Does the words Globalization, Competition, Profit Margin, Bankruptcy mean anything?

I buy American as much as I can - but I like QUALITY and look close at price.

And YES - I proudly voted MAGA !

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
There are plenty of China made (or other places) for that matter that are not "knock-off's". I absolutely have a problem with Chinese companies illegally STEALING the designs of American companies just because they can sell them cheaper. Of course they can sell them cheaper. They didn't have to spend any money in research or development. For that matter the Chinese companies don't even have to back up their product when it fails. Congratulations. You have just purchased a bipod from a company that stole the design and without regard for legality or morality reproduced that which took years for an american company to design. You are contributing to the bankruptcy of innovative companies. Competition is fine...if it is on a level playing field. Let the Chinese company design their own, do their own R&D, and then manufacture their own product and then they are getting closer...but still not a level playing field. Now, force that Chinese company to pay minimum wage, health insurance, workers comp, comply with EPA regulations, comply with OSHA and then that company is getting closer...but still not on a level playing field. Get that same company to provide the same level of service and warranty as Harris and Atlas along with everything else listed and then you might be talking about a level playing field.

I choose to support American companies who innovate their own products, provide American jobs, and contribute to our American economy instead of supporting a Chinese company whose best skill is stealing someone else's design.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Humor me, what exactly is different between this bipod and a Harris? Because so far I'm not seeing a major difference in it and my Harris bipods, mine have leg notches too.

·
Registered
778 Posts
well since the Harris 6-9" Swivel with notched legs is 98.00 on Euro Optic and is american made, your point of ''Lots of features in a bipod that costs at least $200 less than anything similar with a recognized name" is moot. Also that Harris bipod and Atlas bipods dominate the top 50 PRS shooters (like optics, if there was a cheaper option that gave the same performance without sacrificing anything, they would use it).

·
Registered
320 Posts
Alas; the curse of the "yellow peril " At the local range where I work I have a special garbage can labeled China junk. I drop kick their stuff in there every day.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Humor me, what exactly is different between this bipod and a Harris? Because so far I'm not seeing a major difference in it and my Harris bipods, mine have leg notches too.

Nothing to humor here.
Buy it and you will see it for yourself. I did buy both and ended with 2 of them.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts