1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Hello Recoil... and welcome to the Sniper Central Forums!

If you want to learn all the cool tricks... tips... and "secrets" that Snipers... LEO Sharpshooters... and other tactical rifleman know and hold close to them at night... become an Official Member for only $10 per year. The members section has dozens and dozens of pages on calling wind... how to find out wind speed from the angle of smoke / heat waves / dust / dirt in the air... it has a full section on learning how to aim with the Mil Dot reticle (both US Marine mil dot and US Army mil dot)... it has a full section on Ghillie Suits... a full section on Advanced Ballistics... where to hold the scope over or under to make a chest shot when the scope is zero'd at a distance that is different from the target... a full section on Sniper Employment... a full section on Operations... and much more... even a few sections written by myself. :wink: Like i said... its only $10 per year. You could also buy a sniper log book for $20 which has alot of the ballistics... shooting and aiming techniques and tricks in the first 20 pages or so in the Sniper Store on this web page. If you have ANY questions... just ask! Here is a link to information about the Members Section... http://www.snipercentral.com/members/signup.phtml . Any and all links on the pull down bars at the top of the page that you can not currently open are for Members only... so become a member! :D

BC

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Oh yea... i forgot to mention... you get ALOT of discounts on rifles... optics (Mel does not have an "official" optics price list but he does have prices that will beat 99% of other prices i have seen... just ask him for a price quote on a particular scope)... and other things when you become a Member. You save HUNDREDS on some rifles... here is the link to the price list. http://www.snipercentral.com/memberpricing.htm Talk about a good deal... pay $10 to be a Member... get hundreds of thousands of hours worth of research and fine tuning techniques... and then get THOUSANDS of dollors off of rifles and optics!!!

If you were to buy every rifle on the list this is how much you would save...

SC FFL Price List

Non Member Cost: $119496.2
Member Cost: -> $111229.3
Member Savings: $8266.9

Non Member Cost : 54 Rifles = $119496.2 = Average cost per rifle $2212.89
SC Member Cost : 54 Rifles = $111229.3 = Average cost per rifle $2059.80

So you save on average $153.09 on each rifle when you become an SC Member for only $10 a year... talk about an awesome deal!

BC

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Welcome to the boards!! This is a great place to be, great guys, great discussion, and even great arguments. (respectful, of course... right everyone?)

Now, if you move to Missoula MT, you are required to attend SC get togethers, and perhaps even visit my gun room, just don't make it a habit, the wife doesn't like that :wink:

MEL

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Mel - mostly respectful I can agree with. :wink:

JeffVN

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Mel can post this picture whenever an "argument" beggins to brew... :lol:

BC

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
welcome recoil! it's great to see you've joined our forums hope you like it here!

~dom~

·
Registered
222 Posts
Welcome,

I like how you wouldn't give up even though you had that asthma. I am sure you will fit in here just fine.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Recoil said:
The Army wouldn't let me in because it was in my past and on my medical records.
Depending on how old you are... you can join the Army with Asthma now. (depending on the recruiter and what part of the country / state... and how bad of Asthma you have) Ask Jeff_850 about it...

Recoil said:
Also, before I forget...BC, is there a way for you to look up other guys in the Corps?
Yea its called MOL (Marines On Line). I can run a name search... but depending on how common the name is... i might get dozens if not hudreds of hits. Allthough... giving out personal information is somthing im not really going to do... unless i can get credible decent information proving that you know a particular person... Legally i dont think im allowed to. ( OPSEC )

Somthing i can do... is give you a number of how many people are currently enlisted in the USMC who have the legal name you are looking for... but i think that would be pushing it as well.

BC

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats on marrying a Canadian woman :lol:

Jeff_850 is one of our long standing members, who is in the Army.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Recoil... Send me a private message on SC with his FULL LEGAL name and age... what university you two went to and a general discription of what he looks like (hair... eye... skin color... ect) ... if i find some one matching this profile i will contact them with your information. I will have to leave it up to the person to respond to you... i wont give out information or an MOL / MOLE (Marine On Line Email) account or any info...

Here is another way to find a buddy... The US Marine Corps has a dedicated unit and net server specifically for finding long lost friends... who are either currently enlisted or retired... here is the link to that service. It says you may need a SSN... you can call up the number and give them a name and age and discription... and what date (or date close to) when he left to go to boot camp or wherever he went. There are only 2 USMC boot camps... one of them is MCRD (Marine Corps Recruit Depot) San Diego, CA... and the other is MCRD Parris Island, NC.

http://www.usmc.mil/marinelink/ind.nsf/locator

There are other links to friend locators at the bottom middle of the USMC Locator page. There is also www.Leatherneck.com ... its set up pretty much like SC.com and has forums... there are around 20 thousand members or so if i remember correctly... there is a section on Leathernecks.com all about finding friends and old war buddies... you can try that as well.

BC

1 - 18 of 18 Posts