Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone! I've been shooting USPSA pistol for a few years now. Done a lot of reloading for pistol, but have just begun to really focus on rifle now. I was nosing around and liked the vibe and amount of information. Currently, I'm shooting a Rem 700 action and playing with loads for 168 and 175 SMKs. I have been using factory Federal GMM to date with really good results. I'd like to try to beat that with my own loads as it seems sub-moa is no problem for my current rifle. I'm also not sure of any ranges in CT area for longer range shooting, but I'd love to get more in to that.

Thanks for having me!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Southern CT, but there isn't much to offer in the state for long ranges. I think there are several clubs with 200yds and maybe a couple with 300yds. All private. Someone would make a killing if they had the land and zoning to put in a club with 1k yds or so. People would drive from surrounding states, I'd figure.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Ledyard Sportsman’s has 400 yards. You can go up to Granby in MA too. They have over that and had 1000 yards until the town started messing with them. I used to live in Groton but escaped. LOL

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Welcome from S Fla. If you save your federal brass you can get started in reloading and that's when the fun begins. I didn't get more than 4-6 reloads from my 308 Federal brass but it's been years since I used it. I went to Lapua but there are more cost effective choices that seem to be just as good.. There is a lot of good info her on reloading if you go that route. Good luck...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I grew up in Glastonbury. It was all great back then, but Connecticut sure has changed, and not for the good. As you know, their gun laws remind one of Germany back in the '30s or the USSR.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I grew up in Glastonbury. It was all great back then, but Connecticut sure has changed, and not for the good. As you know, their gun laws remind one of Germany back in the '30s or the USSR.
Welcome to the forum

1 - 7 of 7 Posts