Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/ga ... 0/2923.htm

You guys probably aren't going to believe me but I've shot one of these rifles extensively and they are excellent scout/sniper rifles.

I've been searching for one of these guns for about 6 months as the one I used is not for sale.

Do any of you know what these are? Have you seen one? Do you know who has one that might want to sell it? What is your opinion on the rifle if you have used it? Do you condemn all Grendals as a POS?

Any thoughts or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Well, they're based on the Sako action, which aint bad :) They're very rare, so I don't know where you would get one right off the bat.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I've seen a couple on gunbroker, but that was a while back. Wouldn't hurt to look though.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
That is a new one on me. It looks about like a bolt action Kel Tec. But if it is a sako action, then that would be an insult.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Longshot38 said:
That is a new one on me. It looks about like a bolt action Kel Tec. But if it is a sako action, then that would be an insult.
That stock does look exactly like the kel tec one, good observation.

Very ugly, but what does that matter? Just as long as it gets it's job done.

dom

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been watching all the gun auction sites. The rifles are super rare.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
i bought that stock on ebay a year ago i thought it would be good for another rifle, the stock is crap think junk toy plastic worst i have ever seen

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fmsniper said:
i bought that stock on ebay a year ago i thought it would be good for another rifle, the stock is crap think junk toy plastic worst i have ever seen
Well it isn't an HS precision if that is what you mean. If you used one of the rifles you would be just as impressed as I was. It's not meant to be a bench rest gun it's more of a scout rifle. Which is a role it excels at.

·
Registered
1 Posts
http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/ga ... 0/2923.htm

You guys probably aren't going to believe me but I've shot one of these rifles extensively and they are excellent scout/sniper rifles.

I've been searching for one of these guns for about 6 months as the one I used is not for sale.

Do any of you know what these are? Have you seen one? Do you know who has one that might want to sell it? What is your opinion on the rifle if you have used it? Do you condemn all Grendals as a POS?

Any thoughts or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I own a Grendel SRT 20F and it is a sub moa tack driver with nosler 165gr. Only problem is the muzzle brake can be used to tune the Douglas fluted match barrel harmonics so if you take it apart and clean it, you need to remember to screw it back together with the exact same number of turns before locking it down or group size will change...a good thing if you want to tweak out another bullet weight/design. Also, my Sako rings are for a 1" scope tube so I got a one piece picatinny scope base that fits the Sako A2 action. A buttugly gun that performs like a rockstar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts