Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can now highly recommend NOT buying the Magpul "Enhanced" Trigger Guard. Rather than using a spring-loaded pin like the stock trigger guard, Magpul supplied a tiny little "set screw" for the front mount point. It's a tiny little bugger with a 1/16" hex socket and it comes with some blue Loctite already on the threads. The trigger guard fits good, but this little set screw is tight enough that the allen wrench stripped out the socket before I even felt the screw start to give any resistance.

Not happy about spending all weekend chasing down a 5-40 screw for this.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
seekins makes a great quality billet trigger guard

·
Registered
525 Posts
hmm strange my magpul trigger guard screw went in just fine, maybe I got lucky or you got unlucky not sure, well good luck getting it all figured out

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can now highly recommend NOT buying the Magpul "Enhanced" Trigger Guard. Rather than using a spring-loaded pin like the stock trigger guard, Magpul supplied a tiny little "set screw" for the front mount point. It's a tiny little bugger with a 1/16" hex socket and it comes with some blue Loctite already on the threads. The trigger guard fits good, but this little set screw is tight enough that the allen wrench stripped out the socket before I even felt the screw start to give any resistance.

Not happy about spending all weekend chasing down a 5-40 screw for this.
I know this is an ancient thread, but I've had this problem and had to dig around to find a solution.

For the benefit of others scouring the net, the solution is: Use a Torq 6 or 7 wrench bit of solid quality and it'll grip the inside of the stripped threads no problem all the way in as if it were never stripped. I also recommend easing this screw in back and forth, e.g. 2 forward, one back until seated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an ancient thread, but I've had this problem and had to dig around to find a solution.

For the benefit of others scouring the net, the solution is: Use a Torq 6 or 7 wrench bit of solid quality and it'll grip the inside of the stripped threads no problem all the way in as if it were never stripped. I also recommend easing this screw in back and forth, e.g. 2 forward, one back until seated.
I registered just to say... THANK YOU! Thank you mysterious stranger from the past... This works perfect and is still a problem so many years later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts