Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most websites require that a person by logged-in to post a message; here a 'Guest' can do so. That's fine.

However, on two occasions already, I have posted only to find out, afterwards, that I wasn't logged-in, which can be frustrating especially if it is a continuing thread.

Would it be difficult to glaringly alert the would be 'poster' that he/she is posting as a 'guest' and give the option to login then?

Thanks!

Alex

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Alex has a point. n addition to Mel's site, I visit several sniper sites as well as sites on long range target shooting and wildcat cartridges. None of these sites allow posting of messages or responses to threads without membership and being signed in. The general policy seems to be - lurk all you want, but if you want to talk you need to register and sign in.

This site has been fortunate so far. I certainly don't recall anyone being a glaring clown or flaming anyone else on the site unnecessarily. One way to eliminate that type of behavior could be a registration to post requirement.

my $.02.

Jeff

·
Registered
524 Posts
!

I somewhat agree with Jeffvn on this one. While I think its nice to give people the option of posting a message and never having to log on is nice I might cause problems later down the road. At least if there are account the can be suspended to keep negative comments out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts