Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been trying to see if there were any threads about a gun safe/vault that people like. For someone living in a one bedroom apt and I figure 500-750$$ would be a reasonable price range but I have 4 rifles and 3 pistols and I know I have to get a safe for all my firearms just wondering if anyone has any good or bad experience with a peticular brand. How much did you spend? how big is the safe for how many rifles/pistols fit inside? How big/heavy is it? for someone livin in an apt, I'm pretty sure I'm going to move eventually and will be taking it with me so I'm looking for something functional but not permanent. Heavy enough but still mobile

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
I Have a 600+ lb 39 gun patriot and two of us moved it in very easily with a dolly. Whatever you get it should be bolted down. They have a 16 gun in the $800.00 range. Also they have exceptional fire ratings. I don't sell them, I just like mine.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awsome thanks for the input

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have purchase an Gunvault gun safe that is protable. It allow me put my handgun and some important document in it. You know, it can keep the children away from the dangerous firearm. I cost about $150. You can get the discount on the internet. I hope that the imformation is useful to you.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
When I was a city Freight delivery driver in Atlanta I usually delivered at least one gun safe a month.
Some of the digital combination safes are very poorly manufactured and the keypad can be easily knocked off.
Forget about the ones you see in the Wholesale stores.
There are some reasonably priced Domestically manufactured safes.
The actual thickness of the door skin will determine how resistant to prying it is.
If it isn't bolted down it is really only just for child safety and to prevent unauthorized access.
A determined thief will haul it away and open it somewhere else if it is not bolted down.

Shop for them in person if you can and get a feel for them rather than just online.

They will custom manufacture a safe here.
This model seems ideal for an apartment and can be upgraded to have 3 gauge 1/4" body walls.
http://www.vaultprousa.com/warrior-home-office-safe.html
The custom examples are pretty sharp but out of my budget.

I have no affiliation with this company.
Seriously, I have handled lots of gun safes from the Wholesale stores like Bj's and Sams' and COSTCO and they are manufactured to a price point. I have seen some with the interior lining peeling off right out of the box and most do not have a fire rating. If there is a store that sells safes to jewelry store in your town talk to them. The heaviest Safe I delivered weighed over 8000 pounds and was manufactured in Finland. Loyds would insure the contents for up to $2 Million.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts