Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2,193 Posts
i like teh H&K Mk23
havnt gotten a chance to shoot one yet
but i hope to get one when i become old enough to get my ccw
like FLEA said it is a big gun and i agree with him a smaller USP would be better as a carry gun

· Registered
2,193 Posts
only problem (shooting ranges around here anyway) is that when ya rent a gun they dont clean them for months and several people use them
still its worth a try to see what guns feel like etc

· Registered
2,193 Posts
FLEA:
very true

however accuracy isnt going to be near what it should be if there are a few thousand rounds down the barrel and have been sitting there for a few months

· Registered
2,193 Posts
DR308:
i agree completely
just cause i shoot well at the range doesnt mean im going to shoot through the same hole kind of accuracy in that kind of a situation
in that situation a light recoiling weapon that has a larger mag (9mmL and .40 S&W come to mind here) still has ample power to knock someone down and the hit probability for your 2nd 3rd shots and so on are greater
also you might shoot a target 2,3,4,5 times w/ out realizing that you pulled the trigger

Nek:
doesnt sound like a bad idea

· Registered
2,193 Posts
Mike said:
Has anyone shot this gun? Looks extremely impressive. Opinions??
well i rented a Mk23 and shot it today, first time i shot the gun
it was very impressive and i liked it a lot... shot very well even with all the junk down the barrel from the gun rarely being cleaned by the range staff
very big, realized how big until i saw it
im going to be getting this when i turn old enough, wanted to get before i shot it, after today i want it even more heh

· Registered
2,193 Posts
ea agreed go for the biggest and most lethal gun you can get however a Mini 14 or AK-47 might be a problem with over penetration... dont want to sucessfully defend yourself and then go to jail for killing your neighbor who was sitting in thier house minding thier own business

· Registered
2,193 Posts
yea
i dont see why someone would be more scared of an AK than a 1911 though
yes the AK is bigger yes the AK has more stopping power but i think that anything is going to scare the crap out of them but dont rely on them backing off just casue they see your big gun they might just decide to try to do something stupid im not sure how laws are there but if it was legal to i wouldnt give them a chance to surrender or run id sjust shoot on site cause any second i wait is a second they have the potential to kill me
as for the AK-47 or Mini 14 good weapons that can hit a target quicker, more accurately and harder than just about any pistol can heh

· Registered
2,193 Posts
well were not allowed ot shoot tresspassers here actually woudlnt be allowed to kick thier ... here
home invasion is a differnt story though... your allowed to defend yourself with lethal force heh

· Registered
2,193 Posts
it seemed like a VERY VERY nice weapon while i was renitng one... honestly was set on buying one before i rented one heh now i just need the permits.. 2 more years and im old enough to apply :)

· Registered
2,193 Posts
found to be very controllable for a .45, heh what you expect from this damn big .45 :)
found the accuracy to be pritty good from the warn out never cleaned rented Mk23 how does yours shoot? im guessing that you take care of it and have tried other loads than just 230 gr American eagle fmj (the load i used at the range)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.