Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

· Registered
2,193 Posts
it seemed like a VERY VERY nice weapon while i was renitng one... honestly was set on buying one before i rented one heh now i just need the permits.. 2 more years and im old enough to apply :)

· Registered
563 Posts
I was "tricked" into buying mine. I intended to buy a 9x19...Hi Power Mk4S, actually...but for some reason I fell for the Mk23 - without having as much as touched it. So, I forked up nearly $2800 for gun and Impulse IIA suppressor. :? Madness, most people say. But I don't regret it. And I sure as hell wont sell it!

...now I'll just have to get myself a permit for another gun...this I'm thinking BUL Cherokee or FN Herstal BDA9...I guess I might end up with a MR BFR or something :mrgreen:

· Registered
2,193 Posts
found to be very controllable for a .45, heh what you expect from this damn big .45 :)
found the accuracy to be pritty good from the warn out never cleaned rented Mk23 how does yours shoot? im guessing that you take care of it and have tried other loads than just 230 gr American eagle fmj (the load i used at the range)

· Registered
563 Posts
Yeah it's very easy to control. I shoot just as fast and accuratly with it as with the G17.

So far I've only put 230gr Sellier & Bellot through it. Not the most accurate ammo..but was easily capable of putting 12 out of 12 inside the critical zone on 30m while standing and using both hands. Pretty ok for a combat weapon. Some day I'll try bench...

If I can find different weights and loads I will try them out. But pistol ammo in Norway is a somewhat limited merchandise... weapons are dangerous, you know :roll:

· Registered
563 Posts
Heh, yep. Even in a 6004 tactical holster it's way too big. I keep bumping into everything while carrying it :lol: But as I said, if it ever got to it - there are few guns I'd trust more.

Aw I'm getting a tear in my eye now. The gun's "home" waiting for me to wrap it up here and move to a new base. Haven't shot it in a while now. Just realised how much I miss it. :cry:

· Registered
3 Posts
I have had my mk23 for about 2 months now and love it. There is nothing else i would rather have for a backup weapon, dont even consider it for a concealed carry though. I just ordered a safariland 6004 as well. What supressors do you guys like, as the knights arm one is almost as much as the gun. looking forward to putting some reloaded rounds in it and finding out which ones it likes best

· Registered
555 Posts
For all your MK-23 needs. This is the most informative MK-23 site i have ever seen. :)

http://www.mark23.com/

ARMYOF1 said:
What supressors do you guys like, as the knights arm one is almost as much as the gun. looking forward to putting some reloaded rounds in it and finding out which ones it likes best
H&K says only 1911 ball ammo (or identicle pressure loads) should be used in there Suppressors. Im guessing this is just for liability reasons. The only other suppressor that H&K has approved for the MK-23 is the Brügger & Thomet AG suppressor. Not sure why, but here is a list and info on all of the good MK-23 suppressors.

http://www.mark23.com/web/silencers.html

· Registered
563 Posts
To me it seems to "like" whatever you feed it. I've had no trouble with it, at least. And I've even had a first generation Glock 17 fail me once.

Yesterday I put a Hogue grip on it..and blimey! It really did the trick. I was sweating like a pig while doing it..as the Hogue would've fit better in the mag well. But I won after a while, and although the grip's a tad bigger, it fits my hand a lot better. For those who hasn't tried it yet and has some trouble adapting to the grip..I would recommend the Hogue.

As for suppressor. HK has testet and aproved KAC and B&T because they have proved that they do not damage the gun in any way. I'm sure there are other suppressors that will work just as well. But IF - against ALL odds - you should manage to damage the 23, with a non-approved suppressor, you're boned. As far as I know, B&T has sold a license to Swiss Inc to build and sell the Impulse IIA in the US.

I have the B&T Impulse IIA and love it. Whether it's better or worse than the KAC is something I'm not getting into. For two reasons, one is that I can't get the KAC. The second is that doubt you'd notice much of a difference between the two with your "naked" ear, and thus, it becomes a pointless discussion.

· Registered
3,779 Posts
I have no opinion with respect to the silencer debate, so I'll stay out of that. However:

Kamatz said:
The second is that doubt you'd notice much of a difference between the two with your "naked" ear, and thus, it becomes a pointless discussion.
This is categorically untrue.

Fact: 3 decibles is the smallest incriment that the average Human ear can differentiate from one sound pressure level to another. That means that the difference between a suppressor that reduces SPLs by 30 dBs or 27 dBs is extremely important. Additionally, whether the Human ear can tell the difference in "loudness" or not, additional SPLs can and will do damage to the ear over time. Even a single additional dB will dramatically increase hearing loss when endured over a period of time.

Therefore the argument between the reduction factors of suppressors is of the utmost importance, whether you can hear the difference or not.

· Registered
563 Posts
Did I say that you wouldn't hear the difference between 30 and 27 reduction? Nope, never did.

But tell me, do you KNOW how many dB the different suppressors actually suppress? No? Didn't think so... What the producers claim and what the suppressors actually do is two widely different things. Have you actually tested the KAC can and the Impulse IIA side by side? No? Neither have I. But considering the fact that both KAC and B&T are two of the leading brands when it comes to suppressors makes it a fair assumption to say that they'll most likely perform just as good.

But why do I even bother? You love fights... :roll:

· Registered
3,779 Posts
Kamatz said:
...assumption...
Is the mother of all what?

It's times like this, when the Euro Castle Trash comes out to insist their opinions and assumptions are gospel, that I thank the Lord God Almighty for scientific, empirical testing methods to provide me with real FACTS.

I wasn't being confrontational at all, Kamatz, you arrogant pile. I was simply correcting what otherwise may have misled someone who doesn't know anything about sound physics and suppressors. I said what I said to educate--something you should try doing a little more of, and do a little less chest thumping. That you cannot take a very elementary correction is NOT my problem, so go take it out on someone else.

Who loves the arguments now, eh?

You've been weighed, measured and found wanting, Kamatz. Now go take your meds and STFU please.

· Registered
563 Posts
Oh right, the mighty Iowa ******* has spoken, thus it must be true. :roll:

I'm still half-expecting you to suddenly post a "HAHA GOTCHA!" post where you come clean after living a double life on the forum ever since you joined...but maybe I should stop holding my breath? It would've been the best prank of the decade, though.

Now, you do realise that you just underlined my statement about you loving fights, right? I'm still amazed you've managed to more or less ruin the rather cozy atmosphere that used to reign here with that tough guy attitude of yours.

This forum USED to be a friendly and informative place where one could actually discuss things without hearing "euro trash" and blablabla from people like you. And I simply can't quite figure out what me being European has to do with suppressors, either.

Here's a suggestion, since you obviouly have a serious dislike for me - wrap it all up in a pm and send it to me. Let the insults fly if you like. Just get it out of your system.

· Registered
3,779 Posts
Kamatz said:
...since you obviouly have a serious dislike for me - wrap it all up in a pm and send it to me.
Sorry to say, it's not just me. Fact is, most of us can't stand you. And I'm being quite serious and not at all making an attempt at insults. If you're insulted by that, again, tell someone who cares.

For the last time Kamatz, my first post was NOT confrontational whatsoever. Go read it again. Same goes for everyone else reading this now trashed thread. And once you've re-read what I said, please point out to me where I was being rude. Please. I'd really, really love to know.

The "tough guy" attitude you refer to is a consequence of turds like you acting like they know everything but DON'T PROVIDE ANY FACTS whatsoever to back up their OPINIONS. You were makine allusions to suppressor science and making false assumpitions. Someone needed to make a correction so as not to misinform those less versed in the subject. That someone just happened to be me, much to your chagrin.

No Sir, I think it is YOU who has the problem with me. I was not being rude, I was not being confrontational or exhibiting any negative action or emotion towards you at all. And that you came right out of your corner swinging reveals that it is YOUR character that is at fault, not mine. I do not need to private message you anything to make that clear. Let the public record show the facts. I don't believe in hiding and making secrets. I don't like you, it's true. I think you're arrogant and a total waste of space. Nearly every post you make simply reeks of arrogance and "I'm better than you and I know everything" sentiment. Most of us have noticed this and most of us have traded comments of the like in passing elsewhere. This not a secret and it never will be a secret. So don't ask me to take the elephant in the room out of the room.

Now I'm done with this thread. I was TRYING to be helpful and inject facts where facts needed to be injected. It was you, Kamatz, who attacked me and wanted a fight.

I've said my peace, and I hope you've said yours. But as you're the type who just has to get the last word in, I'm sure we'll all be seeing more of your crap very soon. Either way, I'm done. Have fun.

ETA: I'm done with this forum. You pricks can have it. I'm sick and tired of all the non-sensical bullcrap that is allowed go on while those of us who seek to provide REAL, FACTUAL information are chastised for being blunt and truthful in the midst of garbage.

You're probably right Kamatz...This probably used to be a much nicer place. But only because many of you sit around and pat each other on the back and stroke each other off while congratulating one another for being so damned smart and witty. Sorry, I'm not that kind of person; the kind of person who looks down on others "not of my calliber" and trash talks them behind their back. I'm sorry I'm not like you Kamatz, and all your little buddies. I'm sorry I'm not a hypocrite like a certain individual who shall remain unnamed, and I'm sorry I'm not a post bumper like all the kids who have found their way here recently. And I'm sorry I'm not like Mel who is so polite as to look the other way while the rest of you run your mouths soap boxing all day. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm oh so frickin' sorry.

You will get your way soon enough Kamatz. If you haven't noticed, many people who used to post all the time no longer do. That's because of your kind of people, not because of mine. And once the rest of us with brains have gone, you can go back to living in your little happy-happy, joy-joy world where you're King Crap of Turd Mountain.

For those of you who already don't know how to get ahold of me or where else I hang out, feel free to send me a PM and I'll hook you up with the appropriate info. You can also find it in my profile, which I will leave up for a few days too. I will be around here a little while longer deleting my posts, so I should get your messages providing you send it in the next couple of days.

· Registered
1,273 Posts
Anyone for champagne? :roll:

· Premium Member
7,891 Posts
You know, I actually have a bottle here I was supposed to drink this weekend. Long story. Were ya closer I would split it with ya.

Recoil, I'm sad to see ya heading off for parts unknown and I'm sorry this whole bit got so far out of hand.

Mel, if ya find this one, I'll edit her tomorra.

· Registered
3,779 Posts
Muzzleblast said:
Recoil, I'm sad to see ya heading off for parts unknown and I'm sorry this whole bit got so far out of hand.
Not your fault, and not your problem, but thanks for the sentiment.

The problem has been growing for awhile now. For whatever reason, this place has increasingly been getting worse, becoming chock full of posers, wannabes, know-it-alls and all around mouthy pains in the butt. You know as well as I do that plenty of previously active members have been abandoning ship becuase nothing gets done about it. And when someone speaks up and tells said moron that he's an idiot and he needs to shut up or go away--especially when one of the "golden boys" are insulted--all the sudden it's a big frickin' deal.

Notice how Yimmy was the only person to speak up with a smart-ass reply, clearly favoring Kamatz? Castle trash, all of them, running around spouting off opinions as if they're fact. And when I point out a factual flaw, all the sudden *I'M* the asshole here. Like I challenged Kamatz, go ahead and re-read my first post on the issue here, then tell me where I was being confrontational...I'd really like to know.

Screw it. I don't need to be somewhere like where this kind of environment is allowed to breed. Maybe I really am stupid since I'm one of the last to figure it out. People have been griping about guys like Kamatz and Yimmy for ages and I'm just now getting around to being fed up.

So yeah, the arrogant pieces of dog crap can have it all. Right along with the kiddies and wannabes. I'll go somewhere where I don't have to put up with it and where I'm not chastised for not putting up with it--and actually speaking facts instead of being a "Yes Man", nodding to pure B.S. for the sake of being agreeable, or making my ego feel good, or my weenie feel bigger. This place will shoot itself in the foot eventually if things don't change.

The nit-wits can sleep easy tonight...Just as soon as I'm done deleting my posts, they wont ever have to see me again. Unfortunately, it takes awhile to kill 1,800 posts. :?

Muzzleblast said:
Mel, if ya find this one, I'll edit her tomorra.
Maybe someone ought to consider leaving this kind of thing up for public record for all to see.

Not like it matters I suppose...Idiots will ignore it and all the good folks have already been run off. :roll:

· Registered
4 Posts
I can't really comment on the above stuff, but I can comment on the KAC vs Impuls II cans.

I have shot both the KAC and ImpulsIIa cans on a USP Tactical. Granted, it's not a Mark23, but we didnt have the Mark23 piston for the KAC, and we've been waiting for a year.

Anyway, the KAC is quieter to the naked ear than the ImpulIIa. This is with both being wet (water was used).

the ImpulsIIa can is a bit quieter on the USPCT45.

I would say that the KAC can is going to be quieter on the longer barrel, and the ImpulsIIa is quieter on the shorter barrel. I would deduce from this that the Mark23 with a KAC would be quieter than the ImpulsIIa on the Mark23.

BTW, my impulsIIa is the CCF carbon fiber can. I've have zero problems with it and it's very light.

If I could get my hands on a KAC with both pistons, I would, but they are pretty hard to find.

M

· Registered
1,273 Posts
re

Aye recoil, mind over here we don't call it "smart ass", but "sarcasm", sometimes even "wit". :lol:

· Registered
2,904 Posts
Well recoil, it'll be different with you not around. Maybe some of us will be able to state our own opinions without being wrong.

dom

41 - 60 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.