Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

· Registered
1,641 Posts
Hypno, that was uncalled for, that is the kind of Childish thing we dont need, and what people get ticked about. Yimmy is not doing things like that, and he and Recoil do not get along at all. Plus Hypno, I hope you are not drinking anything harder than grape juice, you might get in trouble LOL.

· Registered
338 Posts
Okay, Hypno, I had said something to defend you in an earlier post. And that was because I was being ignorant. As you all know I am quite new to this forum. BUT I have been reading it for at least a year. Hypno, what you said about Recoil was, like mlammers said, totally uncalled for. If you go back and actually read what Recoil had to say. It says, the exact reason he is leaving is because of stuff you commented about. He is right. Over this past year 3-5 out of every ten posts on here has turned into an argument. I havent had the chance to talk to Mel but I am sure that this is NOT the reason he created this website. When I first started to read this forum, I could come here and literally search for the question I had and find it without having to deal with reading through pages and pages of stupid remarks and dumb arguments. Recoil has only said anything when it has needed to be said. For example, I know nothing about surpressors or sound science. So what Recoil said earlier really helped me out. But honestly there is only a handfull of people here in which I would take the advice of. Recoil is one of those people, along with Mel and a couple others. I think you people need to realize. This forum is supposed to be an informative place where people like me, can come and learn about things that we are interested in.

Recoil I would personally like to thank you for all the information that you have posted. It is sad that you have chosen the route you have. But honestly I cant blame you. You are right. This place is getting out of hand.

· Registered
2,904 Posts
I didnt mean for that remark to be, "uncalled for". It just seems like to me, that he thinks he knows everything. He thinks the same about others. It's a matter of opinion. Yes, he is smart, I can agree with that. But, sometimes i dont agree on what he says. Thats all.

dom

· Registered
3,779 Posts
No worries Reaper, don't sweat it. I'll reply to your PM and a bunch of others about this in a minute.

Don't worry about morons like hypno02. Any time there's trouble, guys like him, Yimmy, and a whole long list of others come running like flies to a pile of crap. None of them have control of their mouths (and fingers apparently), and the only reason they get away with what they do is because this is the Internet and none of the rest of us can punch them in the face. Were we all face-to-face, there'd be a whole lot of silence from the dweebs.

And Yimmy, it might be called humor and wit, but there's a right time and there's a wrong time. Maybe when you grow up a little you'll know the difference. Of course, like I said, you're too immature to control yourself so I've no doubt we'll all hear more of your words of wisdom later on which will supposedly justify your text pollution and try to make me look like the idiot. Kinda like your buddy Kamatz getting pissed that I contradicted him about suppressors. Waaahh, wahhhhhh! :cry:

Trolls, Folks...Just a bunch of cry babies. You can't win with them. Friedrich Nietzsche once said:

"The most perfidious way of harming a cause consists of defending it deliberately with faulty arguments."

As long as these trolls are allowed to galavant about freely, and as long as challenging their ideas and nonesense is looked down upon here, this place will eventually die through attrition and become overrun with more of these morons. It's already begun...Just look at the member list, sorted by top posters, and see how many of those top posters don't post too much, if at all, any more.

My only regret at this point is that the phpBB forum software doesn't have a "mass delete" button for me to click to kill everything I ever wrote at once. :?

· Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Thats pretty much any firearm though....it is in all of the owners manuals.

· Registered
1,273 Posts
re

Relax Recoil, nobody is trying to steal your mojo.

If you re-read the first of my two recent posts, you will notice the " :roll: " in it, which you seemed to overlook. I think it was clear to everyone that I had no malicious intent, I was just injecting some sarcasm over your speech on the podium.

That said Recoil, you are a complete hypocrite. You constantly complain about other trolls galavanting freely, acting immature, and chasing off other posters - well, look in the mirror as it were and re-read your last posts. You have done little other than try to chase off those who disagree with you, while being one of the most argumentative members here.

But please, do not leave on my account. I don't pretend to see eye to eye with you, however you are a fairly intelligent person, and varied views can only lead to more diverse discussions, so long as we remain civil. Your promising to speak behind peoples back is not a sign of being civil however, but likens the forum to a school playground.

· Registered
3,779 Posts
Re: re

Yimmy said:
Relax Recoil, nobody is trying to steal your mojo.

If you re-read the first of my two recent posts, you will notice the " :roll: " in it, which you seemed to overlook. I think it was clear to everyone that I had no malicious intent, I was just injecting some sarcasm over your speech on the podium.
I understand what you were doing, although I still think it was inappropriate for the situation. Adding fuel to the fire, as it were.

Yimmy said:
That said Recoil, you are a complete hypocrite. You constantly complain about other trolls galavanting freely, acting immature, and chasing off other posters - well, look in the mirror as it were and re-read your last posts. You have done little other than try to chase off those who disagree with you, while being one of the most argumentative members here.
I would be a hypocrite if I started arguments based on my opinions or biases like you, Kamatz and so many other do. While it may seem like I do this, I do provide facts when necessary and requested to back up my point of view. Case in point is the argument that instigated this situation. Kamatz made a false assumption and stated it as fact. I simply corrected what otherwise was no big deal. Yet he insisted on turning it into a fight--not an argument or discussion--a fight.

You've done this too and you know it. EVERYONE knows it, so no need to make excuses and justifications. For example, the argument we had over that automated sniper eliminator system months ago. I provided you with physics, engineering and mathematical proof to back up my objections to your claims that such a thing is "complete rubbish." Yet you maintained in aruging based on your opinion

Another example is when you argued that handguns are not good things to have as backup weapons in combat. A dozen or more people wrote in with real world examples to provide proof that handguns are indeed life savers in combat situations. Yet you maintained in aruging based on your opinion, even though you've never been in combat or faced with an armed situation!

This crap is what people don't like about this place and it's why people are jumping off like rats on a sinking ship. No one minds debates. Hell, no one minds a heated argument, even if there's a bit of swearing and mild insulting involved...That adds spice and amusement factor. Frankly, as much of a troll as you are Yimmy, you've at least got half a brain so I've enjoyed a few of our arguments.

Irregardless, there are plenty of others who take any disagreement with them as a personal affront (Kamatz re: supressors, for example) and simply pollute the whole educational experience. Throw in the fact that even you can't deny--that this place has attracted massive amounts of kids lately, who feel it necessary to talk about stuff they know nothing about, and/or posting senselessly on each and every thread just to up their post count. I know you've seen this too Yimmy...There's no way you couldn't have.

Then there's non-kiddies giving advice and recommendations on stuff they couldn't possibly know squat about...Like a Canadaian without a restricted firearms permit recommending this, that and the other AR part or rifle. One of two things is occurring in this scenerio: either that person has illegal rifles and he needs to shut his mouth to keep a lower profile, or either that person is just passing off what he's read somewhere else as "fact" here...Very similar to what all these damned kiddies have been doing lately, like hypno02.

Frankly, I find it highly offensive. It'd be like you Yimmy, telling me what kind of AR-15 I should get. It's not an affront to you to say this, it's just that you don't have any experience with the different manufacturers and various parts of said rifle...That's all, nothing more. In this case, were it ever to arrise, you'd be discredited and laughed at. But at least you're smart enough to not do such a thing.

People, including myself most recently, have spoken out about ALL of this kind of garbage. Yet, we are chastised for doing so, while the degenerates are protected and allowed to go about their business. It's favoritism and apathy, obviously. But let's at least admit that it happens and stop pretending like everyone is equal and everyone loves each other and there are no favorites. I call B.S.

Yimmy said:
But please, do not leave on my account. I don't pretend to see eye to eye with you, however you are a fairly intelligent person, and varied views can only lead to more diverse discussions, so long as we remain civil.
You're not the reason Yimmy. You are but a minor annoyance in a sea of garbage. Everyone expects you to disagree with everything, so when you do, it's par for the course. :wink: :p

It's being jumped on for stating proveable facts that go against someone's opinion, and having to endure false information provided by those who don't know what they're talking about...And it's being sick of being the bad guy when you say something about it.

You may think I'm a hypocrite because I'm argumentative as well, and your opinion is your opinion on that. But one thing you simply cannot say about it is that I stick to what I know. I know about handguns. I know about AR-15s and other "assault rifles." I know about the law in the United States. I know about self-defense. I know .20 caliber bullets are too small for deer. Yada yada yada.

These are the subjects I tend to stick to because I have lots of first-hand experience and knowledge of this sort of stuff. Feel free to count the number of posts I've made in a place like the "Optics" forum. I don't know squat about long range shooting or optics, compared to others here. So I leave those discussions to others, and choose to READ instead of post bump with garbage like +1 or "nice looking rifle!" And any time I step outside of my circle of knowledge, I do my best to make it clear that what I'm saying is second-hand information or is my opinion. I may have neglected to say that in some posts, but in the majority it certainly holds true.

Search and read if you don't believe me...But you'd better be quick because I'm killing all of my posts.

Yimmy said:
Your promising to speak behind peoples back is not a sign of being civil however, but likens the forum to a school playground.
Other than the mention that others have messaged me or we have gone elsewhere to talk, I'm not sure why you say I'm a gossip. It doesn't offend me that you think that, because I can sorta see why based on the info you have. But I can assure you with utmost honesty, that I have never just up and sent someone a message to disparage someone else that I can remember. I have gotten many messages about other people, that's very true. You're one of those people. And it's also true that I have replied to those messages with affirmation. But long, running discussions simply don't happen when I'm involved. I drop the subject very quickly.

I'm not perfect, and I'm not saying I haven't talked my share of crap before, but don't have the idea that I make a hobby out of it. :wink:

61 - 68 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.