Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's legal but generally regaurded in the custom community as overpriced junk. It will score cool points with your buddies though.

H&K only had 2 left in their armory. Those will probably or have already gone to Police Departments. No more will be imported.
At a Law enforcement price of $9500 not to many people could fathum paying the $13,000 that a civilian might. A $13,000 1 MOA rifle. I'd recommend reconsidering your purchase unless you are just dead set on getting one. In which case I can probably help you get one if there is one left.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
As far as i know the PSG-1 you can legally buy (check local state and county laws before trying to purchase)... but with a large price tag. However... the MSG-90A1 (Military version) is "restricted" to those who have a Class 3 FFL or Class 3 Tax Stamp... since it has a few machinegun parts (as defined by the BATFE).

BC

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I've seen the one that is a step down from the PSG-1 (I forget the name) sell used for around $5,000.

It looks pretty much just like it.

I've never really been into HK.

-snowy

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
caver, is it your rifle for sale? I "might" be interested ..... (oh man, what am I saying....) and details/pictures?

MEL

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Yep it is mine.........it is currently sitting on the shelf at the local gun shop. I may have a pic of it, but probably not a good one. I will look and see what I can find.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Pic just sent to your email addy. You can post it here if you whish.

I am the second owner. According to the dealer I got it from it was a "well cared for gun" so take that for what is worth :roll: (if you need the dealers name I can get it for you, got it 4-5 years ago???). As with all of my fire arms they are hardly used. I have put less than 100 rnds down the pipe. No optics, no mounts..............nothing but a HK mag or two. It has the 1913 rail on top of the upper (built that way) not a aftermarket accessory. It does have a scrach on the FH. Looks like a tool slipd on it and marred the paint a little. If you are still looking for more info I can go by one day and get better pics.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Oops.......

Why am I selling it?? Not crazy about the trigger pull. Not sure, just don't shoot it. I have a AR10T and like it better.

·
Registered
571 Posts
madgunsmith said:
The HK-91/G3 series of rifles have lousy triggers, but help is at hand.
Hmmm, isn't that just a matter of personal feel/how well you've adjusted to it? Even though I like the G3 family, I know there are many faults with it. But I wouldn't say that the triggers are one of them. :D

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
The G3 that I sampled was made under license in France. I think the manufacturer was GIAT. Anyway, it was terrible. It had the heaviest trigger ever.

And then I tried a Spanish CETME. It also had an absolutely rotten trigger.

But Williams Trigger Specialties can fix the problem. They produce a wonderful product.

Mad

·
Registered
571 Posts
madgunsmith said:
The G3 that I sampled was made under license in France. I think the manufacturer was GIAT. Anyway, it was terrible. It had the heaviest trigger ever.
And then I tried a Spanish CETME. It also had an absolutely rotten trigger.
Gee, I think we've found the reason..... :lol:

·
Registered
571 Posts
madgunsmith said:
What's the Swedish G-3 version like? I think they call it the AK-1.
It's called AK 4(No dash between letters and number).
Slightly stronger action and barrel(Different grade of steels used, trigger is good for an assault rifle.

The cheap plastic stock sucks however.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Nekekami said:
madgunsmith said:
The HK-91/G3 series of rifles have lousy triggers, but help is at hand.
Hmmm, isn't that just a matter of personal feel/how well you've adjusted to it? Even though I like the G3 family, I know there are many faults with it. But I wouldn't say that the triggers are one of them. :D
Ok, so it's big, heavy and long..but apart from that it's an excellent infantry tool.

More than accurate enough, decent trigger, plenty of oomph and - don't know about the Ak 4 - but the AG-3 can double as a sledgehammer if you run out of ammo.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts