Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been thinking of saving up to put a new stock on my rem700 adl synthetic .308...i was looking on the h-s precision website and it looks like they have some nice stocks...i was looking at this one

http://www.hsprecision.com/pst03a.htm

what do you guys think about this choice??? plus, it says it only fits on BDL actions. will it work for the adl or not??? thanks

~dom~

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
That is the M-24 stock... im not a huge fan of it... but there are a few people in the world who like it... i know Spade does.

BC

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I'm with BC - I'm not a fan of the M24 stock.

I prefer the McMillan "A" series or the old standby HTG (my favorite of all the McMillan stocks).

If I HAD to go HS I would go with the stock currently used in the Remington 40-XB tactical. Topo-sniper just picked one up and the stock fit my hand perfectly.

JeffVN

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys i appreciate it alot!

~dom~

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
That same stock is availabel without the adjustable length of pull, but even with it, its a good stock.... not my favorite, but not bad.

To answer the other part of your question, no, it will not work with ADL UNLESS you buy a BDL floor plate (your ADL has no floorplate). If you get the floor plate, you'll need a new box magazine also and maybe a follower (depends on caliber). HS has some other stocks (look in the competition area) that will work straight out of the box with your ADL

MEL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts