Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been jumping around on different forums trying to find what would help the best to improve accuracy of my guns. I was debating wether or not to try the David Tubb fire lapping system, although I saw that I'd have to find someone to load the bullets, because I dont have any experience reloading, and it looks like they dont sell loaded rounds yet...
But anyway, I saw good reviews for Moly Fusion on rimfirecentral.com I was wondering if any of you guys have tried this method of barrel coating on centerfire rifles to try to improve accuracy? It seems like a simple process, I guess it makes a slick thin metal plating on the inside of the barrel.. from what I read, it has similar results of lapping a barrel. Is this stuff any good?

Heres the webpage
http://www.molyfusion.com/mol12ozkit.html

Thanks.

-Brian

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
There is a thread on these forums about Moly and similar stuff... i will find it and post the link back on here.

But to simplify it all for you... i will say NO... do not use Moly and DO NOT moly coat your bore. I use to use Moly... but i dont any more and havent for years. Moly might get rid of fouling problems... and it MIGHT increase accuracy ALITTLE... but it causes more problems that are more severe than it fixes. If you want to do somthing like Moly to a rim fire... i would suggest just shooting wax coated match bullets. It is simply an all lead match grade bullet with a wax film layer that increases velocity and accuracy and makes cleaning much easier.

BC

·
Registered
1,559 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
This may be inaccurate, but I had heard that Tubb's final finish system will soon be available as loaded ammunition. Keep an eye on their website if you're interested.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
from their website http://www.molyfusion.com/whatmfisnot.html the first thing it says is that it isn't Moly-Disulphide but some sort of chemical that bonds to the barrel and not just a coating... I dunno, it seems like too much hype...people on rimfire central seem to rave about it.. I'm kinda skeptical about it and was wonderin if ya'll knew anything about it.
Oh and I read on Dave Tubbs site how they said that they should have the complete bullets made soon, but its hard to know what 'soon' really means :wink:
Thanks for all the help here.

-Brian

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Yea that guy claiming .1" groups with an M-1 Garand shooting offhand made me laugh for a good few minutes... and since the company is posting such BS... i doubt there product is really all that good.

BC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts