Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm not new to shooting but i want to research so i know what i am doing when i get to using more rifles at longer ranges. right now i only have an air rifle and a small amount of space to use it so i do not have much experience yet. i have used .22 at the range but i am going to get more training with a bullet rifle when i'm old enough to.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Howdy from Tomball, Texas. I have a few centerfire rifles ranging from a 30 Caliber carbine to a 7 mm Weatherby Magnum. One of the more interesting antiques is a Winchester P14 British Sniper rifle chambered in 303 British. It is my sentimental favorite, but the original 1918 optics is woefully under powered by today's standards.

However, I practice at the range with a 22 LR or a 17 HMR at 50 meters using very small targets. I find this least expensive and it really helps improve accuracy past 400 meters. The targets measure 57 mm in diameter with the 10 ring being only 10 mm. The bullseye is only 1.5 mm in diameter. These targets can be procured at MidwayUSA for a very reasonable price. They are called IBS Rimfire 50 Yards and are considered competition targets. Attached is a photo of one to give you something to think about. These are very challenging to shoot and a lot of fun using rimfire rifles.

Photo on 2-14-20 at 11.15 AM.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts