Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered an XTR scope and rings for my pre-accutrigger Savage but the only manufacturer of a canted 2 piece base for this receiver is NIghtforce, and I really can't justify dropping 90 bones on a base. Any suggestions? I know EGW makes a canted one piece base, but personally I think the 2 pieces are alot cleaner. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
avolcek, I never mentioned 'looks'-I said 'clean'-and after reading Monteboy's thread on bedding 1 piece rails and vertical stringing I'm even more determined. I think the 90 dollars might be worth it, but I just found that Warne also makes one in the 35 dollar pricerange-I just can't find a dealer.
6.5man, a flat receiver Savage short action

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, it's in their base PDF, if you scroll down to the S's there's a flat receiver savage and under the last options columns it notes a 20MOA base. I understand the benefits of a one piece stiffening the action, its just being relatively new at all this DIY stuff bedding a base is one more thing the grand scheme that's going to cost me in time and materials... I just want to get out on the range. I'll have a gunsmith do all the mounting if I can find one that will let me watch so that I can get something out of it.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's disappointing. I think I'll just put the Nightforce order in and get this all over with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts