Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,i work in Serbian army as sniper...i use M76 semi auto sniper rifle 7,92x57mm as my personal weapon,and M93 black arrow 12,7mm as platoon weapon...

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Welcome. You will be a great addition here. I am intrested in hearing about how you folks do things in your neck of the woods.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
8)

well, Serbian army is mostly based on Yugoslav army weapons,because it was produced in large quantities,and weapons factory ZASTAVA is located in central Serbia...

Serbian army is going forward with organisation and structure, and now moving along with NATO standards,mixing Yugo,Russian and NATO training for all parts of armed forces...

we have different rolls for snipers...

at first sniper is chosen after evaluating soldiers on their first shooting,who shows good results with automatic rifle (YUGO made AK) he is sent on sniper training...
after choosing person for sniper,he is sent to basic sniper course where he learns sniper basics...after that there are 3 more advanced courses,and soldiers is goingto those courses if chosen by commander...
snipers have different positions in units,there are troop snipers as a support to platoon or squad,single sniper with mission,or sniper pair...sniper pair here can be consisted of 2 snipers, one with M76(or some other sniper rifle) and other with M93 12,7mm black arrow,or sniper pair can be 6 men,one sniper with 5 men as support(medic,commander of group,machine gunner,two soldiers with automatic rifles)...

In Serbian army there many different sniper rifles,but M76 is basic sniper rifle in the army ...
since the fallout of Yugoslavia , in Zastava arms factory they started production of SVD which is named M91 semi auto sniper 7,62x54R...M93 12,7mm black arrow...Swedish SAKO 7,62 NATO...older Zastava M48 (copy of German KAR98)...but M76 makes backbone of sniper rifles...also on new Serbian automatic rifle M21 there are rails for all kind of gadgets and grenade launcher,so that rifle can also be used for sniping...

i'll stick to my personal M76, its equiped with standard 4x24 scope which almost identical copy of Russian PSO-1 scope with range finder,and scale lateral repairs...scope has mechanism for setting to 1200m distance,but rifle is reliable up to 1000m with best shots at 800m...scope has illuminated screen for detecting IR devices...for night shooting we have night vision scope 5x80 and with it it could be fired up to 500m at night...that vision can work 10h with one charging...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts