Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
hmmm, I may have to order some 178 grain AMAX, and give them a try.
You'll be more than pleased. I just ordered another 500 yesterday to go with the 500 on the shelf.

It's the only ballistic tipped bullet I've found that will shoot groups measuring 1/4 MOA at 300 yards.

Not only a great target/match bullet but a devastating hunting bullet. Just ask the boar shown in the pictures in this article:

.30 cal - Hornady A-Max

The deer shown also dropped in their tracks according to the article. You won't get terminal performance like this from a SMK or other "Match" bullet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What is FDAC?

I wish I had access to the 1000 yard underground tunnel range that is about 25 minutes from my house at Lake City Ammo Factory. Been up there several time to deliver stuff to contractors, and I hear them testing ammo from time to time, but I don't know where the range is at. If I had access to that that would be the best method of testing handloads. You can lock the gun in a vice, and take all the external factors out like the wind, and trigger squeeze.

Branden

What is FDAC?

As they say curiosity killed the cat. Glad I am not a cat, just a nube in this forum.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts