Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was B.S.ing with my uncle the other day and he mentioned he has 3 or 4 of my grandpas old Springfield 03 A3's and would consider selling to me...we didn't talk price...and according to him they are in fairly prestine condition...anybody know what a reasonable offer would be if i made on at him? I've heard these rifles are excellent shooters...anyways...any info appreciated!

Thanks,
-Brian Shields

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mad, i'll talk to dave(my uncle) and see if he'll let me shoot some pics before buying one. surely he will...are the 03 A3's good shooters? or should i just buy a modern rifle?

G

·
0 Posts
03-A3s

Yes, most of the Springfields are good shooters. Like anything, it depends on wear and tear and how they were handled. If you say they are pristine and the bores have been taken care of, you will be happy.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
OK.......we understand you like (and probably love) your uncle Dave, BUT we are talking national treasures here! Guns will not abandon you like family will.....I say screw'em and give him $50 each (or better yet $50 for all of them)

edit:
Fixed it for Mad

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SPEAKING OF KENTUCKY LONG RIFLES... my dad wants a build it your self kit to make his own KLR...any sources you all know of? I'll post a real thread on this too so excuse my redundancy!

-Brian Shields

G

·
0 Posts
03-A3s again

Yes, the Springfields and other mentioned rifles are National Treasures. They do represent our freedom, and the brave men that carried them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts