Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While recently painting a rifle of mine with alumahyde I ran across this at Brownells -

Instuctional Videos

It's pretty basic stuff, but it does cover just about every type of finish that gets asked about constantly here. Thought it might help someone out and stem the usual flow of questions. :lol:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wow thanks! these videos are a gem!

If anyone is interested in painting Digital-Camo on a budget, check out Patrolling With SKTFM. Season 2 Episode 8.

google video.
[video=google;-8557797581046577254]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8557797581046577254[/video]

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's what he does, he talks and talks.
I've been a fan since 2001. His Patrolling vids can be acquired here: http://patrolling.rantmedia.ca/download.php (all free)

re: Brownell Videos
Wow those were very helpful videos! I'll have to practice painting on a hunk of steel before I do any permanent damage to my rifle. :)

Thanks for posting OP!

·
Registered
124 Posts
:eek: I have always wondered how they did that! If anyone has pictures of this done to their rifles (or even just a piece of steel) I would greatly appreciate it if you posted them!

NYC2007

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
^^ love the camo pattern and i bet he does realize that its illegal, but since when do kids of that age care? Cops have shot people over stuff like that...

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
SCUBA9097 said:
I know it's a dreaded
rifle, but I like how it turned out.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=6q6D7Njvedo&feature=related
that is vary much ageist the law... If you rely wanted that to look pro kid, it being an air soft gun and all, I would go back and spray the tip orange...

But hey, hes just a kid...I had a friend who did that, one day out in his front yard, 3 cop cars rushed up and pulled guns on him...

Vary dumb. If you don't get shot, you wont ever do that again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
SIMPLE SPRAY PAINT JOB ON MISR-10 AK

PAINT=RUST-OLEUM MULTICOLOR TEXTURED
COLORS=
CARIBBEAN SAND (BASE COAT) WHITE/TAN
DESSERT BISQUE (BROWN)
DEEP FOREST (GREEN)
TOOLS=TAPE, A SMALL PAINTBRUSH TO ADD THE LINES, A FINGER TO SPRAY AND A LITTLE IMAGINATION.
1ST RULE = ALWAYS START WITH THE LIGHTEST COLOR FIRST WHATEVER COLORS YOU CHOOSE.
2ND RULE = K.I.S.S. AND IT WILL BE HARD TO MESS IT UP...REMEMBER..THE LINES AND CIRCLES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE RANDOM.
3RD RULE = SHORT CONTROLLED BURSTS WORK BEST
IF SOME AREA DOES NOT LOOK JUST RIGHT DON'T GET MAD JUST APPLY ANOTHER BASE COAT TO THAT AREA AND TRY AGAIN..NO HARM TO FOWL.
ONCE THE BASE COAT IS DOWN HIT IT WITH SOME SIMPLE ONE SHOT CIRCLES UNTIL YOUR HAPPY THEN LET DRY OVERNIGHT.
NEXT DAY SPRAY ONE DARK COLOR ONTO A NEWSPAPER AND ROLL YOUR PAINTBRUSH IN IT. MAKE RANDOM CROOKED LINES AND SMALL SPERM SHAPED LITTLE WIGGLES GOING IN ALL DIRECTIONS LIKE YOU DON'T CARE AND IT WILL PROBABLY TURN OUT GREAT. IF YOU TRY TO GET TOO TECHNICAL AND PERFECTION ANAL YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED IN THE OUTCOME. THE COOL THING ABOUT THIS PAINT IS YOU CAN KEEP GOING BACK AND ADDING THOSE LITTLE TOUCHES WITH A BRUSH DAYS LATER.

I HAVE READ CONCERNS THAT THIS PAINT GIVES A "GRAINY" FEEL.
IT DOES!..AND I LOVE IT! IT'S LIKE A NO SLIP GRIP ON THE WHOLE RIFLE, NOT JUST SPOTS ON THE STOCK WHERE YOU HOLD IT. EVEN WITH OILY HANDS YOU CAN STILL GRIP THE RIFLE ANYWHERE...SCOPE, BACK OF STOCK OR EVEN THE BARREL. FEEL THE TOP OF THE PAINT CAN BEFORE YOU BUY IT AND YOU WILL FEEL WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. TRY SOME ON A SPARE 2X4 PIECE OF WOOD IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS BEFORE YOU PUT IT ON YOUR RIFLE.
I'M THINKING OF GIVING MY REM. SPS VAR. .223 A SIMILAR PAINT JOB.
I WELCOME ANY COMMENTS...GOOD OR BAD.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There are so many videos on YouTube that demonstrate a number of different way to pain your gun.

Painting over the tip was extremely dumb.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts