Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any thoughts on the Howa mini action I’m thinking of one in .223 I don’t know much about them so I’m curious if the are are a decent rifle for bench shooting up to 500 yards.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Howas are really solid rifles. Just sold my howa 1500 in .270win for a rem 700 in .308win. I’ll miss it but it was exceptional.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I have a Howa 1500 30-06 with the Rubberized furniture that everyone loves to hate. Its a great travel hunter and it shoots way better than you'd expect for the price.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a Howa mini in 7.62X39. Very light and the factory stock is the best plastic stock I've ever seen. I use it as a short range deer gun and have already taken deer at 100-150 yards with it. The action is nice and slick and very fast to reload follow up shots. Trigger is a perfect hunting trigger that breaks like glass at about 3 pounds. I liked it so much I picked up a heavy barrel .308 Howa 1500 barreled receiver for 300 yard target work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just purchased a Howa 1500 223 with the Oryx stock. Threw 50 bullets through it the other day to run the barrel in. So far i'm impressed. 10 shots got me about 1.1 - 1.2 inch with factory ammo. I'm currently in the process of building rounds now, so plan to get 1/2 inch groupings at 100m.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine is supposed to come in Monday. Then probably a few days wait for NICS backlog. Looking forward to sending rounds down range. What did you come up with for handloads?
I just purchased a Howa 1500 223 with the Oryx stock. Threw 50 bullets through it the other day to run the barrel in. So far i'm impressed. 10 shots got me about 1.1 - 1.2 inch with factory ammo. I'm currently in the process of building rounds now, so plan to get 1/2 inch groupings at 100m.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts