Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some opinions on a hunting rifle scope.
Would like to reach out to 600 yards maybe 700. Would prefer something with a turret.
Gun is a Bergara 300 Win Mag. Premier Mountain 2.0 Rifle
I put on a Swarovski Z6 3-18x50 BT Plex rifle scope. Not pleased with it.
Need some ideas? Few people mentioned a Huskemaw?
Thanks

·
Vendor
1,220 Posts
What about the Swarovski didn't you like? As a long standing supporting vendor here on the forum it is our pleasure to discuss this with you to assist you in deciding which is the correct option. Please feel free to give us a call, 516-217-1000

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I like Vortex Scopes. I have two PST's Gen II with EBR2C Tree reticles. You are looking at about $1k. You should be able to go out to 8-900 yds with a 300WM depending on bullet BC without touching the turrets. The tree reticle gives you a total of 10mils of elevation adjustment. 9 mils with wind. With this scope you have the option to crank if you like doing your firing solution old school, or using the tree. If you are a Military Vet let the vendors or Vortex know if you order direct and you may get a nice discount. Verify your hold over numbers with impacts at range. Then adjust your ballistic ap enviromentals at your AO.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44 that I really like. I find it has more than enough magnification for hunting medium game and the objective lens lets in plenty of light for the last 30 minutes of shooting light. The military let me shoot plenty of rounds out to 800 & 1000 meters with an old 3X9 so the 15 power on this is overkill for me, and the objective lens is not huge. Nothing I hate more than a huge objective lens out front blocking my unaided vision and getting tangled in "wait-a-minute" vines and bumping into limbs hunting the dark timber. Once the scope is dialed in at 200 and I've got my favorite load established and chronographed you can send the data to Leupold for a custom turret (CDS) so you don't need a target turret.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I have a Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44 that I really like. I find it has more than enough magnification for hunting medium game and the objective lens lets in plenty of light for the last 30 minutes of shooting light. The military let me shoot plenty of rounds out to 800 & 1000 meters with an old 3X9 so the 15 power on this is overkill for me, and the objective lens is not huge. Nothing I hate more than a huge objective lens out front blocking my unaided vision and getting tangled in "wait-a-minute" vines and bumping into limbs hunting the dark timber. Once the scope is dialed in at 200 and I've got my favorite load established and chronographed you can send the data to Leupold for a custom turret (CDS) so you don't need a target turret.
RAD
Are those turrets preset for a particular range card or are the adjustable?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts