Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the quick deployment feature. I love the extra 20MOA. But unfortunately I have to hold under by 2.5 Mils @300y. Im wondering if now I have to shoot minimum 500y just to get my crosshairs even while my scope is dialed all the way down. Did I do something wrong mounting it? Or is that what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,185 Posts
I love the quick deployment feature. I love the extra 20MOA. But unfortunately I have to hold under by 2.5 Mils @300y. Im wondering if now I have to shoot minimum 500y just to get my crosshairs even while my scope is dialed all the way down. Did I do something wrong mounting it? Or is that what it is.

How much internal adjustment does your scope have? What scope is it?

·
Registered
5,185 Posts
Did your base have 20 moa built in already?

60 moa of adjustment would normally give you 30 moa up and 30 moa down.

With the 20 moa rings, you will have 50 moa up and 10 moa down...ideally.

If you have a 20 moa base and 20 moa rings you would then not be able to zero at 100 yards. You would be about 10 moa high when bottomed out.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did your base have 20 moa built in already?

60 moa of adjustment would normally give you 30 moa up and 30 moa down.

With the 20 moa rings, you will have 50 moa up and 10 moa down...ideally.

If you have a 20 moa base and 20 moa rings you would then not be able to zero at 100 yards. You would be about 10 moa high when bottomed out.
Thanks man. You broke it down very simple for me. I have 20 MOA rail and a 20 MOA rings (QD). I was holding under 2.5 mils (my scope is in mils) at 300y. I’m wondering if I’ll need 400y to zero in on?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks man. You broke it down very simple for me. I have 20 MOA rail and a 20 MOA rings (QD). I was holding under 2.5 mils (my scope is in mils) at 300y. I’m wondering if I’ll need 400y to zero in on?

So I’ll essentially have 67 MOA of elevation. I’m not even sure if my scope can see that far with my eyes. It’s only a 24x zoom (FFP) and I don’t believe it’s super quality glass, it’s just good glass. So with that much elevation, of the glass were better, and the 300WM ammo was loaded right with 250gr bullets (in a 1:8) would 2000y be attainable as far as logistical equipment?

·
Registered
5,185 Posts
It depends on the load. You would have to put all of your info into a calculator to see.

·
Registered
5,185 Posts
I would not want a 3-400 yard zero. The problem is that with temperature and humidity changes, your impact at 400 will change as well.

Environmental conditions have very little effect on the point of impact at 100 yards. Therefore if your zero is at 100 yards, then it will be consistently right. If your zero is at 400 then you will need to change your zero with conditions before dialing your ups for farther distances.

I would find a set of zero moa rings to go with your 20 moa base...or a scope with 90+ moa of adjustment so that you can get a 100 yard zero.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would not want a 3-400 yard zero. The problem is that with temperature and humidity changes, your impact at 400 will change as well.

Environmental conditions have very little effect on the point of impact at 100 yards. Therefore if your zero is at 100 yards, then it will be consistently right. If your zero is at 400 then you will need to change your zero with conditions before dialing your ups for farther distances.

I would find a set of zero moa rings to go with your 20 moa base...or a scope with 90+ moa of adjustment so that you can get a 100 yard zero.
That makes sense. I’ll start saving up for a Razor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts