Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there Snipers!

I wasn’t happy with expensive ballistic calculators, so I'm creating a free one. In order to improve it, I’ll need your honest feedback!

At this point the app is pretty straightforward but functional. SPOTTR can calculate your shot groups, and keep a shooting diary. You can customize shooting success criteria, set up actionable targets, track results, and share them with friends.

The app gives useful insights and results are presented to be as encouraging as possible. I hope this would be useful for both new gun owners and experienced marksmen, and give you motivation to work on your skills.

You can try SPOTTR for Android devices - SPOTTR - Apps on Google Play

Feedback is very welcome as I' deciding what features to add later. What would you request?

Communication Device Gadget Font Line Screenshot

·
Registered
Custom Aero Precision M5E1, 18” .308 Win. Criterion barrel, Trijicon CREDO HX 2.5-15x56 scope
6 Posts
The first thing that I would request is a version for Apple iPhone and/or iPad. I have a brand new — and I mean brand spanking new; not so much as a single round sent down range, yet — custom Aero Precision M5E1 in .308 Winchester (it is a quasi CSASS clone), so I don’t have any data from other ballistic calculators to compare to, which may be a good, or bad, thing for developing a new app.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey there Snipers!

I wasn’t happy with expensive ballistic calculators, so I'm creating a free one. In order to improve it, I’ll need your honest feedback!

At this point the app is pretty straightforward but functional. SPOTTR can calculate your shot groups, and keep a shooting diary. You can customize shooting success criteria, set up actionable targets, track results, and share them with friends.

The app gives useful insights and results are presented to be as encouraging as possible. I hope this would be useful for both new gun owners and experienced marksmen, and give you motivation to work on your skills.

You can try SPOTTR for Android devices - SPOTTR - Apps on Google Play

Feedback is very welcome as I' deciding what features to add later. What would you request?

View attachment 29211

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can't seem to get this thing to add the impacts. That's as far as I got.
But up to this point it is really awkward to have to size and set the reference on a phone. Now I'm older and maybe to the younger guys this is not an issue, but the precision I would need is not there with even the smallest finger movement setting the 1" reference. The POI is about the same, but I could live with that.

Since I could not progress, I don't know how the rest works but if you have not already, take a look at On TargetPC. Start with sizing the impact hole to the specified caliber and then reference the remainder to that. At least this way if there is any error it is at least partially mitigated if all the impacts are referenced to that standard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The first thing that I would request is a version for Apple iPhone and/or iPad. I have a brand new — and I mean brand spanking new; not so much as a single round sent down range, yet — custom Aero Precision M5E1 in .308 Winchester (it is a quasi CSASS clone), so I don’t have any data from other ballistic calculators to compare to, which may be a good, or bad, thing for developing a new app.
Thank you! Yes, the IOS version is in the works right now. Should be out in a few months.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can't seem to get this thing to add the impacts. That's as far as I got.
But up to this point it is really awkward to have to size and set the reference on a phone. Now I'm older and maybe to the younger guys this is not an issue, but the precision I would need is not there with even the smallest finger movement setting the 1" reference. The POI is about the same, but I could live with that.
Thank you, this is really useful. Will think what I can do!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
An update is OUT! Now the app is completely free. I realized that I should give to the community a working product first, and build it up based on what you request. So please, share your feedback:

- What do you think about the app in its current state?

- How do you usually track your score? Do you use some other ballistic app?

- Is there any specific feature you’d want to see next?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts