Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
i shot 2 clips through one down at the local gun range, seemed like a very nice pistol with a relatively nice single stage trigger. I would deffinately consider it.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
I know its a 1911. Definitely nice, but, I'm not too keen on the MSRP. Heck, I can get a REAL nice Kimber for that. I, personally went with the XD from Springfield for my carry piece.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
This is the pistol the USMC is now giving its more "high speed" units. I have one myself... awesome pistol. Very accurate... very reliable... the slide / frame contact's are as slick as snot on a door knob... :D ... and a good tight fit as well.

BC

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
There is a 1911A1 loaded version that is very similar to the TRP operator. It has the full length tac rail, however it is a bushing barrel not a bull barrel. From what I hear the bull barrel is kind of a pain on the springfields anyways. I just picked one up a couple of weeks ago at a factory shoot for $600. It was a special that springfield was only running at that particular show. You should be able to get it for around 800 normally.

It has fixed night sights standard. All black, with rosewood grips. If I get a chance I will throw up a pic later. I think I got lucky on this particular pistol because it is a very tight piece and shoots great. My new favorite 1911 and it was the cheapest by far.

John

PS O yah, for whatever reason the pistol isn't even listed on their site. I can see what type of numbers I can get off of it later if you want something to reference it by.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Does the accesory rail run full lenght to the end of the slide... with a square contour on your pistol?

BC

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ballistic_Coefficiency said:
Does the accesory rail run full lenght to the end of the slide... with a square contour on your pistol?

BC
yeah its listed on the site, its just listed under the operator.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Dead Roman said:
[quote="Ballistic_Coefficiency":2sicpuiu]Does the accesory rail run full lenght to the end of the slide... with a square contour on your pistol?

BC
yeah its listed on the site, its just listed under the operator.[/quote:2sicpuiu]

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
That it similar to mine, but mine isn't a TRP Operator. That has a bull barrel, adjustable sights, and costs twice as much. They look the same except for a few differences.

Mine obviously doesn't have the extended mag-well either. I will be adding one shortly, as well as putting different grips on it.

John

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
JRP3... thats the one i carry. But most of the guys in my unit carry the standard Operator model or there older 1911's they have carried for years. Heres a pic...

BC

·
Registered
994 Posts
Man... how long does it take to get dressed in the morning?!

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Are you serious????... I SLEEP IN MY GEAR OF COURSE!!! :lol:

NAH... just kidding. But in all reality... depends on what im going to wear. Doesnt take that long at all to get all the gear on. The jump suit slips right on and has most of my gear allready either in the pockets or laying right next to it for the day. Not to hi-jack this thread... but... here are some more pics pertaining to gear to give you an idea...

These pics were taken at a trianing facility up in North Carolina.

BC

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey BC, on the first pic you posted, the second man down the line: is that an inox finished 92F I see in a line made up (from the looks of it) entirely 1911s?

-snowy

P.S.
Nice pics.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
There all 1911's... the reason the 2nd man down the line's pistol looks like a 92F is because it is cycling the action and the slide is somewhat rearward.

BC

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Heh, thought it looked a little funny for a 92F.

-snowy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts