• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • comparing him to Crackheads is not fair to a Crackhead

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Some of you may have noticed a personality change in me... and I'm sorry, especially to Mel, if it is unwelcomed, but I think some things need to be said:

Quite frankly, there are a few people (note the intentional use of plurality) on this board who just need to jerk off a few more times in the week because they have too much testosterone flowing: beat downs aren't cool, regardless of why they're being handed out. It may be justifiable, just as war can be, but that doesn't make it in any way a positive thing.

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
994 Posts
AK said:
That guy looks like the guy I hit in the face with a desk today.
Ok, this needs explaining.
No, it doesn't--it is completely irrelevant to the thread and to the forum itself.

Scatch Maroo

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I'm sorry, I know this is an asshole thing to do but I gotta speak up.

I can't believe the stuff we read here sometimes. Really, we managed to find someone presumably more insane than the Mall Ninja. Seriously, if you are an Aikido expert, drink so much by yourself, spazz out and assault people with objects, and shoot AK-74s with ex Russian soldiers at 16...I'm stunned. How do you not get expelled for being such a basketcase and an obvious danger to those around you? Or come on...is it just posturing? And joking about it is even dumber.

We're putting forth an image here, and its one of gun owners. Even if you're too young to own a gun. People judge us on stuff like this and Mel's been in the anti-gun literature once already. Besides just him though, each of us here seriously should be offended. This ain't a counterstrike forum.

Its MELS site and we represent him at the same time. If he needs to warn me about this one I can dig that....but it needed saying, at least to me. Cut the act, no ones buying it.

You contribute good stuff when you're not AK the terrible drunk psychopathic teenager from Siberian hell.

You wanna talk to me about it, or if anyone else does, go for it. Here, my inbox, wherever. Sorry for the rant

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thanks Hector

Spade posted for me I see lol...

I found it in the old part of "Misc"

Really its his old site, and they only mention his URL, but still

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
The fact remains that the paper says little about todays society. They talk of solving the sniper rifle problem, last I heard there we're very few crimes commited using long range sniper rifles.

Even the sniper shootings in DC we're done with a simple ar-15... and i hesitate to call them sniper shots. As they were very innacurate for the range and intended target.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I can't believe the stuff we read here sometimes. Really, we managed to find someone presumably more insane than the Mall Ninja. Seriously, if you are an Aikido expert, drink so much by yourself, spazz out and assault people with objects, and shoot AK-74s with ex Russian soldiers at 16...I'm stunned. How do you not get expelled for being such a basketcase and an obvious danger to those around you? Or come on...is it just posturing? And joking about it is even dumber.
Aikido expert? Where did I say that?
Spazz out and assault people with objects? He hit me in the face with a fucking chair.
The former Russian serviceman was working as an RSO at a range in a town I used to live in. Ocassionally people have Kalashnikov-type rifles that they bring in. I like Kalashnikovs, and I was permitted to fire a few of them.

How do you not get expelled for being such a basketcase and an obvious danger to those around you?
I don't know. In all honesty, I'd like to be expelled. Gives me more time to sleep, do things that matter rather than being hit in the face with a chair.

The fact remains that the paper says little about todays society. They talk of solving the sniper rifle problem, last I heard there we're very few crimes commited using long range sniper rifles.
I don't know of any crimes comitted using "Sniper rifles."
I've heard of some pretty advanced crimes, for instance a bank robbery in which the two attackers were heavily armoured and they had to shoot themselves to be taken down (Apparently they were so heavily armoured that the 10 or 12 gauge the police had in their patrol cars couldn't take them down) - for some reason, SWAT either didn't respond or the situation ended itself before SWAT could respond.

Perhaps some crimes comitted with hunting rifles fitted with optical sights, but I don't think they've ever been employed to kill one target at range with precision, more of a "Weapon of opportunity."

We're putting forth an image here, and its one of gun owners. Even if you're too young to own a gun. People judge us on stuff like this and Mel's been in the anti-gun literature once already. Besides just him though, each of us here seriously should be offended. This ain't a counterstrike forum.

Its Mel's site and we represent him at the same time. If he needs to warn me about this one I can dig that....but it needed saying, at least to me. Cut the act, no-one's buying it.

You contribute good stuff when you're not AK the terrible drunk psychopathic teenager from Siberian hell.
Point 1) True. My apologies.
Point 2) Damn right. Again, my apologies.
Point 3) Pay for my ticket out of here and there will be no more of the italized aforementioned AK. Environment seems to play a large part in my behaviour. Again, my apologies.

Is anybody else finding that this PDF is corrupted, or is it just me?

·
Registered
93 Posts
It's corrupt as in the people who wrote it are. Took me a while to find the reference to Mel, but it's there.

I wonder if the guy who wrote this realizes that he's actually giving out some good info with all the bologna? I mean, if a guy wanted to know what type of rifle to use and where to aim for instant incapacition, this report makes a pretty good resource. :roll:

Oh, in case some of you guys were also unaware (as I was), we are part of a sniper subculture that threatens our nation :twisted: . Kind of interesting, isn't it? :D

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Worked for me. Unfortunately that means I had to read it. Some people are just scared of their shadow.

Its true though, eh Hector? We're probably the most law abiding folk of all.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Muzzleblast said:
Its true though, eh Hector? We're probably the most law abiding folk of all.
Yeah, for the most part. What makes me want to laugh , though, is the way these guys put all of the blame on guns. They make it sound like your average gang banger or convenience store thief can make 2000+ yard shots just because they have a "sniper rifle".

Most of the guys that would use guns in a lethal manner don't know the first thing about marksmanship.

·
Registered
314 Posts
hehe monty python.... good stuff... good stuff
btw the robbery was at the Bof A in NH La Ca... a few miles from my house. 1997 2 heavily armed guys with AKs robbed the Bof A... cops were dispached and couldnt do anything to these guys since their 9mm and 12gauge couldnt do anything with that armor. the cops had to go to a nearby gun store to pick up anything available and ended up where one guy was shot by the cops (he died later) and the other guy shot himself... pritty grusome.. anyway back to the origional post.... HES NUTS

·
Registered
576 Posts
1997 2 heavily armed guys with AKs robbed the Bof A... cops were dispached and couldnt do anything to these guys since their 9mm and 12gauge couldnt do anything with that armor. the cops had to go to a nearby gun store to pick up anything available and ended up where one guy was shot by the cops (he died later) and the other guy shot himself... pritty grusome..
That sounds about right. In the "Discovery Channel" special on that, one had an RPD - That's a Russian squad automatic, similar in function to the M-249, since replaced by the RPK (An Automatic Rifle) and the PK. (A General-Purpose machinegun.)

They make it sound like your average gang banger or convenience store thief can make 2000+ yard shots just because they have a "sniper rifle".
I got the PDF file to open. (Had to reinstall the reader.) It's some pretty funny reading, then it switches to scary when you realize that some Government bereucrat who might have never handled a firearm in his life may end up making some form of legislation based soley off that document.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
"Sniper rifles are not produced in large quantities, and cost far more than most other firearms, including assault weapons. As a result, the danger of the sniper rifle does not come from widespread availability, but from a relatively small number of weapons used by shooters who take advantage of their deadly combination of accuracy, ranhe, and power."
You know, that sounds all honky dorry, but, lets see what history has proven......

Lee Harvey Oswald - Did he have an expensive sniper rifle? No. He had an old italian bolt action rifle. Could have easily been a deer rifle.

Charles Whitman - Shot 45 people, 17 fatally, with an M-1 Carbine. Hardly a sniper rifle.

Lee Malvo/ John Muhammed - Bushmaster XM-15 from 50-100 yards away. Many of these are sub MOA, BUT, the range is not considered "long" for these shots.

Just to clarify, the above were not "snipers" in any regard. I think we are all aware (by now) of what a sniper actually is, and these men are no more than murderers.

I consider myself merely a marksman, with no ill intention of ever taking another human life. While I recognize there is a paramilitary culture that exists on the internet, many of us that have been so haphazardly lumped in with it, can't even begin to relate.

My Point 1: Criminals are not going to pay extreme amounts of money for guns....A brand new gun has a paper trail.

My Point 2: No amount of regulation to any firearm will stop an ill minded person from doing what motivates them. Whether it be deer rifle, handgun, shotgun, knife, etc, if they are going to do another harm, they will find alternate means, possibly right down to stoning someone to death.. I can see them trying to regulate stones.

I just cant see why someone would want to try to take something away from me that I merely use to target shoot with.

·
Registered
22 Posts
In reply to 12twist's point 2, we have been through exactly this in the UK. After the Hungerford massacre all self loading rifles were banned in 1988 (ish), after the Dunblane school masacre all metallic cartridge handguns were banned in 1997, automatic rifles have been banned from civilian ownership in the UK since 1947. What has happened since all this legislation came in? Armed crime rose by over 40% in the UK in the 2 years following the Handgun ban. The goverment pledged that they would remove all guns from the streets and told any handgun owner in the UK that if we did not surrender our handguns we would face up to 10 years imprisonment and up to £10,000 fine. They were only able to do this because all these weapons were held on firearms certificates by law abiding sportsmen and the police knew exactly where they were.
As proved over here, legislation against law abiding people will not stop the criminal element from commiting crime.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
yeah, its pretty simple to see...you know that, I know that...heck, everyone here knows that...

but their agenda isn't stopping crime.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.