Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have pmunonia or however you spell it, mono and hurt rib cage, sent me home on con leave so ill pick up where i left off in week 10 when i come back... 30 days to rest and recover

·
Registered
994 Posts
Hot momma! Glad to have you back Jeff--not glad to hear you're so sick, or that you had to interrupt your boot!

What happened?!

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

Sorry to hear that Jeff, but I am sure you will get back in the swing of things okay.

What happened anyway?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rib cage i hurt cause we wear the damn interceptor body armor with the impact plates and do 3-5 second rushes
pmuonia or however you spell it i have cause im unlucky
mono i have because there is a massive outbreak of it over the entirity of sand hill, both the BCTBs and Infantry Training Brigades including mine, B. Co. 1/329: 20 or 30 sent home from mono

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Hey Jeff... get better and get back in there! You havin fun in boot yet? :p

BC

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Hang in there and get better soon, Jeff...lookin foreward to talkin to you again

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Rest while you can, and then go kick tail.

Glad you could join us for a spell.

Feel better.

-snowy

·
Registered
777 Posts
Welcome back Jeff. Sorry you're sick, get better soon. I'm thinking you should get plenty of action once you finish boot, I just found out a friend of mine got called back to active duty today, so all the new guys are probably going straight to work.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was havin too much fun
shooting M-16s, M249, M240B, M2 Machine gun, Mk19 etc :)
i had mono for about 2-3 weeks, first time i went to sick call, i made sure i went when i wouldnt miss any training
they didndt want to test me for mono because i wasnt a likely candidate because i didnt have a fever
i sucked it up, got worse but thats part of training, then i was ordered to go back by my DS

it wasnt 1/2 as hard as i thought it would be just they let me eat for 90 seconds during red and parts of white phase, i lost like 20 lbs of muscle though

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Jeff_850 said:
i had mono for about 2-3 weeks, they didnt test me the first time i went to sick call, then i was ordered to go in week 9
Why the hell didnt they let you finish and graduate... then let ya have 30 days off? Yup them officers are smart arnt they. :roll:

BC

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i know... i graduated and i coudlnt celebrate sucks eh? well i started AIT a lil bit, pick up where i left off i feel better now
right now i WOULD be asleep but i dont have to wake up at 4... got buddy comin over at 9 tommarrow

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Oh ok... so you finished boot camp and started AIT... ok gotcha now. Maybe i missed that before. Did you get to shoot the shotguns and the AT4's with the 9mm tracer ammo? Im not sure if the Army does that stuff or not. Im the lucky bastard of the Platoon who got to shoot the live AT4 round for demonstration. :p The 9mm tracer converted AT4's are fun too.

BC

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea and my buddy got to fire the live round, blew up an old M60 tank
i got the tracers
we got Mk19, M2 and M240B training too but we havnt touched them since

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what the hell i thought id throw in a picture
i did get 8 hours of my 36 hour pass, thats me at the infantry musaem leaning on a T-72 tank
thats me in the winter bdus and the UGLY ass winter hat shoulda warn my beret but i was in a rush to get out so i grabbed the closest uniform and ran

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Welcome back Jeff, wish it was under better conditions... but still, just an 3 weeks left....

I enjoyed the infantry museum, would love to go back again.

MEL

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Get well soon, good luck with the rest of your training, and stay the hell away from Phenix City!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
honestly basic training seems watered down from what i expected
too much safty regulation
they care too much about privates and nothing about the NCOs
or atleast they would have you think that...
to them either is just a number, if an IET soldier gets hurt in training there is probably more paperwork involved though

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Jeff_850 said:
honestly basic training seems watered down from what i expected
too much safty regulation
they care too much about privates and nothing about the NCOs
or atleast they would have you think that...
to them either is just a number, if an IET soldier gets hurt in training there is probably more paperwork involved though
Welcome to the real world! Seriously, stick it out, it gets better.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts