Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
563 Posts
I haven't fired nearly enough rounds through the 3000 as I'd like...but I have fired a few and tinkered a lot with it. And if you'll never see mud or grit...it's a fine rifle. But in my opinion it's way too fragile to be used in anything but a sterile and clean urban enviroment.

If I get a permit for another bolt action (yes, we need a permit for every soddin weapon in Norway...) I want something like the SC1. That will leave you 1000 bucks for a good scope.

· Registered
563 Posts
With you having a FFL me think there's one or more companies that will do the entire export part for you. Not for free, of course. I know Jeff Hicks has built a rifle for a friend of mine....I don't remember the whole procedure. But it was less complicated than I first thought.

Must ponder....

· Registered
563 Posts
M'kay, I've checked with a friend of mine. And basically...

..you'll have to find a company that is registered as an exporter of weapons and military grade items. This company then applies for a license to export the goods. If/when the US State Dep gives the thumb up - the exporter ships the goods off to the lucky sod outside the US.

The company that does this job needs a purchase order, an import license...and money. For my part, the import license would be the papers I have to fill out to get a permit for a firearm. If the [email protected]$$ police here let me have another one, they'll just sign it with "approved" and send it back to me. This piece of paper works as an import license. I assume I'd have to get a translation of this paper by an authorized translator - possibly at the US embassy.

But, at least from what I understand, for you as a rifle smith, there's not all that much paperwork to worry about. A fax or a letter to the export company and they'll handle the rest.

As far as I know...

· Registered
563 Posts
Nah, sorry, he didn't mention one. www.export.gov might be worth a look, though. I'm poking around there now...but not with too much luck.

Why the heck wont they? Will they have to apply for a license for that rifle alone or something? If not, all they have to do is order one and get it shipped over whenver they get a new batch. What the hecks't the world coming to? :roll:

· Registered
563 Posts
This is what happens when a big company gets a too big share of the market. :(

I'd send a mail to Sako and check with them. Maybe they'll tell Beretta USA shove it, or something. Or maybe they'll help you along to import one yourself...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.