Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After shooting the M95 last, the lens was crystal. I just pulled it out to practice my trigger finger, and when looking through the scope noticed two very small spots in which there was absolutely no light transmission. They enlarge when I increase the magnification. There are no scratches on the surface glass of the objective.

The chap who I bought the scope from (who is in cahoots with the boys at US Optics) said it's likely a flake of some sort that is adhered to the internal lens and will either fall off on its own or will come off if I gently hit the scope with a rubber mallet.

I'll call USO's customer service tomorrow, but was wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar? Thanks,

Scatch Maroo

Check the bottom right corner of the MOA scale, and center of the upper right:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Oh man that would annoy the hell out of me. Hope they fix it for free. I think they should.

I've never seen or heard of that problem before. But, I've never shot a M95, either! I can't say I've heard of something like that happening to the Hensoldts we have on our Barretts here... but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened, either.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've noticed lately the SS Scopes having this problem occur, but never a US Optics. Call John and he will get it fixed. John is a hell of a guy and a fixture in the Industry. I'm sure they will take the scope in and fix your problem.
Pm you the email info.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Probably a bit of "paint" is all. Shaker her around a bit and if the dots move around then its a minor problem but if its not moving then its a larger problem. Either way get it fixed by the factory. With how much US Optics cost there optics should be prestine!!! :D

I have had this happen a few times over the years with cheap scopes such as Tasco and lower end Burris optics but never with high end optics such as USO, Leupold or Unertl.

The Rifleman

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
No doubt give Wendell or John III a call and give them a chance to l make it right.

JeffVN

·
Registered
175 Posts
This happens occasionally with any front focal plane glass reticle, and for
that matter, any glass reticle. Generally it is a flake from the anodizing.
We use a type III hard anodizing, which is harder than hell, but it also has
a tendency to flake a little from the light baffles in the scope.

If he was to whack the thing against a table or something, it will probably
come loose. It may also fall of after a few shots. Either way, this is
normal, nothing is broken, nothing failed, just needs to be cleaned.

I would go and post this myself, but I need to register, etc, just a little
to busy at the moment.

Thanks for looking after me!
Have a great weekend.
John III

1 - 6 of 6 Posts