Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Ever heard of the Beastie Boys :lol: . They were pretty big when i was growing up... and i think they recently came out with a new album.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Beasties rock. :D

When I heard "Orthodox Jew" though I thought of one of those cool lookin rabbis with the black suit, hat, and curly hair coming out and just breakin it down with some rhymes. Happy to see I wasn't disappointed. That guy is the bomb...Meshugga!

·
Registered
994 Posts
I'm partial to the Nation of Islam's Jamalamaallahthon.

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Aside from the beatboxing, I wouldn't really call that rap.
He's quite good at singing though.

-snowy

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Don't worry about me.
I'm a music snob, pay no attention to anything I say about music.
I've got about 2,500 records (no, I don't mean CDs) and I am prone to spouting off at the mouth about music. :roll:

Pay no attention to that man behind the Victrola arguing about BlueNote reissues.

He's crazy.

-snowy

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Don't be too hard on yourself snowy, look at how often we squabble and correct each other ruthlessly over guns :D

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Oh no I love it! :twisted:
I'm just warning you guys about my serious obsession.

I don't want you going in country unaware.

You may think you're just having a casual conversation about music, then I'll start talking about the original 1956 pressing with the off white green label or something.
Or who originally wrote your favorite song and why they weren't credited blah, blah, blah...

I'm just saying, I don't like correcting people on minutia, sometimes I do it by mistake. Music is music, you like it for completely selfish reasons.

One man may like Bud and another man may like Guinness. As much as the man drinking Guinness may want to tell the Bud man his beer is crap it ain't his place.

Same with music.
I also don't like over genre-fication.
"Hank Williams isn't Country music, he's country-western music you idiot!"

I'm just saying I'm trying to police myself, but beware I'm prone to the deep end.

Loving his obsessiveness,

-snowy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts