Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I have a Ruger LC9 with upgraded spring/hammer kit, I also have a Ruger SR40c and just picked up a S&W Shield in .40 S&W (about the same size as the LC9)

LC9 has ran great, no problem with a variety of ammo but even with a SS Guide Rod 18 or pond pound recoil spring and up upgraded hammer I can't Double Tap anything....May more range time but is is nothing like a 1911 in .45 ACP.

Ruger SR40C is way more pleasant to shoot than the LC9 and at 50 feet far more accurate while to attempting Double Taps or a fast follow up shot...For the most part all were COM hits for 2 shooters using both the 9 and 15 round mags.

S&W Shield in .40 S&W is indeed a handful and again a DP I think would be out of the question but at a 50 ft DHS.....Ya I am buying the same targets the DHS, FBI and DOJ are buying were all COM hits at 50 feet.

LC9/SR40C have ran great with any ammo, ST40C has ran as well with anything from Remington, Winchester WB to Hornaday Critical Defense.

S&W Shield had 2 jams in 2 mags that need to be cleared...New gun, maybe needs more lube or more rounds down the tube.

Karsten

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and by the way if the S&W Shield I didn't do my Rack the slide drill 500 times and clean it afterwards as I have done with everything else I have bought.

Karsten

·
Registered
299 Posts
From my experience ruger pistols aren't as accurate as a lot of pistols on the market but they eat any thing you put in them.

personaly i will give up a little accuracy to have a reliable gun so i consider that a good thing.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Karsten said:
Ya I am buying the same targets the DHS, FBI and DOJ are buying were all COM hits at 50 feet.
That's a lot of distance for pistols that are intended for defensive shooting at targets at ranges from 5-15'.

Now, jamming problems are a different story.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I know 50 ft is a bit of a stretch for a compact and sub compact defensive pistol. know I need to be closer but the range is small and to shoot on the pistol range no one can be shooting the lower rifle range....That day was the 1st time I have seen anyone else there but with deer season coming up the hunters are out.

I need to make a couple of the PVC stands we used back when I was shooting IPCS and NRA Action Pistol.

Karsten

1 - 5 of 5 Posts