Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the shop and paid for my G34 today, and the salesman, while removing the slide to check the connector weight, attempted to remove the slide before he decocked the striker. I don't think he pushed on it too hard, but I wanted to know if this causes any damage. We have to have some knowledgeable Glock people in here somewhere, any knowledge about this?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
994 Posts
When you say decock the striker, you mean he failed to pull the trigger, right? That's the only way I know of decocking a Glock, which is necessary to remove the slide.

I've accidently tried to remove the slide of my G30 one or twice without pulling the trigger, and mine still goes bang as good as it did every other time.

Hope this helps.

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, thats what I meant about the striker.

I'm sure it will still fire, but this is going to be my target pistol, and I don't want to have my accuracy all screwed up by someone before I even paid for it and throw away another $600.

You haven't seen any loss of accuracy in your G30 after you did that, did you scratch?

Anybody else have any knowledge?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Bead Drawer said:
You haven't seen any loss of accuracy in your G30 after you did that, did you scratch?
Can I get a sticky spelling my name properly? :lol:

I swear, it's like people just don't read the other threads on this site, hahaha. No worries Bead, it doesn't really matter.

As far as the G30 goes, I haven't noticed a lack of accuracy, but 1) it's a compact and 2) I shoot for shots in specific body part area--I'm not shooting very small areas repeatedly.

Where did you get the gun from? If you notice a lack of accuracy, you should complain to the salesman and demand he fix it.

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Scatch Maroo said:
[quote="Bead Drawer":250nk3u1]
Can I get a sticky spelling my name properly? :lol:

[/quote:250nk3u1]

I can't spell my name properly, what makes you think I am going to get yours right? :lol:

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I bet Scratch's name is spelled wrong more than anyone else........

:wink:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Recoil said:
I bet it's really supposed to be "Scratch Maroo" but when Scatch registered, he screwed his own name up. :lol:
I sent Mel PM after PM to try and see if he could change it, but his reply was, "Just reregister." I refused.

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Your a dirty Saskatchewinian and you know it! It's too late to change now.

I think Mel tagged your name for safety reasons...

-(L) snowy

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Scatch Maroo said:
Recoil said:
I bet it's really supposed to be "Scratch Maroo" but when Scatch registered, he screwed his own name up. :lol:
I sent Mel PM after PM to try and see if he could change it, but his reply was, "Just reregister." I refused.

Scatch Maroo
Sorry Scatch, I just figured you needed some character building experiences :wink:

MEL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts