Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recieved my scope from Mel today and got her mounted. Headed to the range tomorrow morning before it gets to hot (it was 97 today) for the break in. I'll continue to post as I progreaa with the rifle.

I've noticed a few posts lately on entry level rifles and people wanting info on them. I purchased this to be a hunting rifle...and I think it's going to be a fine one. After all, I just graduated from college and couldn't spend alot on my new set up. It's a graduation present to myself.

Rifle-$575
Leupold Mk 4 3-9x40- $440 with Mk 4 rings and bases- $206

So right around $1200 for the complete rig.

Here she is.

-Matt

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
That's a beautiful rifle, 700. man I'd be proud of that one. Gonna glass bed the stock?

Barrel is 26 inches, I think

Thanks for showing us!

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
nice rifle m8...what caliber do u got her in???? and howd u get the gun for 500 bucks????????

dom

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Muzzleblast said:
That's a beautiful rifle, 700. man I'd be proud of that one. Gonna glass bed the stock?

Barrel is 26 inches, I think

Thanks for showing us!
Yes, barrel is 26".

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hypno02 said:
nice rifle m8...what caliber do u got her in???? and howd u get the gun for 500 bucks????????

dom
I got it in .308.

I was searching for a 700 Sendero in .300 mag, but since they stopped making them in I think 2002, they are starting to get scarce. I could find them ALL DAY LONG in .300WSM, but didn't want that. Plus, I wanted a new one...didn't want a used gun for my first bolt gun.

In my Summer long search I found that Wal-Mart does 90% of the rifle sales for Remington, and they have a special order book in the Sporting Goods dept, if they sell guns. So I went to see what they had. They had the Sendero in the catalog, so they called the warehouse but only had them in like .223,.17, and .270. They also have ALL the Varmint and heavy barrel models(including the regular ADL and so on) except the 700P and LTR, law enforcement only.

The prices he was quoting me were incredible. Thats how I got the VLS for $575. So I told him to order it. I put 25% down on the order and paid the balance when it arrived. I think it took about 4-5 days.

-Matt

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
o wow!........thank god we got a super walmart a couple weeks ago!!!

dom

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Guy's,

Went to the range this morning for the first session with the new rig. In less than ideal conditions(yes, there is a hurricane in FL right now). Conditions were 83 deg @ sea level, 85% humidity, 20-25mph SE winds- 12 o'clock in my face sitting at the bench.

Got a box of 180gr Winchester Super X just to send a few down the tube before we put the hand loads through her. Shot the first 16 while cleaning every few shots...

Here were the last 4 shots at 100yds with factory 180gr hunting ammo.

Here is a seven shot group with hand loads...ended up with this group about 1-1.5" high at 100. But, they were 150gr pointed soft points.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Nice rifle!!! Thanks for the pictures! The scope will be a great match for that rifle!!

The $575 is a good price. Thats what I would sell them for, but I'd need some shipping.

Keep us posted on the shooting sessions!

MEL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts