Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to ask this on the other forum, but it seemed that everyone was making an effort to stay on topic... ;)

Has anyone trained with Krav Maga? Snowy had said, "People don't fight on the street like they do in the dojo," and I think every cop on this forum would agree. Krav Maga is, at least, developed through real life application.

Anyone have experience with it? I'm interested about the branch tailored to law enforcement that takes into strong consideration the necessity of restraint.

Scatch Maroo

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
LOL I hope so, and not the kind that focuses on crushing windpipes and sticking your thumb through people's eyes

·
Registered
576 Posts
Like I said to Shikakau:

"Yeah, it's like Rukopashnii Boi. It's not like Aikido, where: "Knock down, restrain" it's more like "Knocked down with broken bones. Now rip the bone from the flesh and stab him with it. NOW!"

Krav Maga, by all accounts, is a versatile and useful fighting system. Finding it in the Continental US, shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Hmmmm, appears I'm busted again.
Darn your tact and subtle sarcasm! :p :lol:

Yeah, I’ve heard of it.
There is an LEO who meets with us occasionally to see “what we’ve come up with” lately.

The LEO we meet with is always concerned about being too rough and catching a lawsuit. I think Krav Maga would be a tad too intense for most LEOs.

Krav Maga is quite functional, but I generally avoid the “clinching” techniques as it requires too much cooperation from the other person.
Oh, and joint locks don't work in 80-90% of the time.

-snowy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts