Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have checked into becoming a dealer for lapua ammunition, I would be able to get any and all of the available loads. Are people interested in this ammunition?

It looks like the average box of good match grade would be about $25. Not really any money to be saved, but some new options.

Their 6.5x55 ammo is simply head and shoulders about anything you can buy from the USA ammo makers. Of course, .338 Lapua ammo would be available (and expensive) as well as their many quality 308 loads, etc.

Just trying to gauge how serious I should get into their ammo, I can't find much of their ammo available online...

MEL

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I'm in for their 6.5x55 (I'm assuming they use Lapua brass for their cases :D ) and the .308 - I hear the 170 (maybe 175) match ammo is unreal in accuracy.

JeffVN

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I presume you'll have a bulk discount for people (or groups of people like our Houston contingent) that buy in lots of 200-500 rounds or more at a time.

I might buy the .308 ammo just to get the cases for reloading purposes.

JeffVN

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heh, for my texas friends, no problem!! Actually, for anyone ordering in bulk, I'll offer discounts.

Well, sounds like there is some decent interest so far.... I'll get the ball rolling then.

so, 6.5x55 and some of the 308 match. Anyone else have requests? (of course, I'll be able to order in anything that I don't have on hand)

MEL

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Interested in the Aficionado+ .223 & .308 and also (depending on price) .338 Lapua Scenar HPBT... and if possible (price doesnt matter) i would love to get some .338 AP485 (if they will import it to you) :) Also... (depending on price) .308 match grade brass.

BC

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Price on the .338 Lapua 250gr HPBT would be about $70 per box of 20 (ouch). No luck on the AP485

MEL

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
BC

If you are just looking to buy the brass I can give you some web-based retail locations that are in the $31-33.00 per hundred if you buy 1,000 cases. Alternatively, if you just want 100 or so send me a PM I just got 1,000 cases and can always hook up a fellow "jar" with some brass.

JeffVN

I was told, Mel can you verify, that the loaded match ammo (afficianado I think its called) is factory loaded into the Lapua matchgrade cases. That is why I'm up for buying the .308 match ammo - to get the brass for reloading.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
I bought some Lapua brass a few years ago for my 06. I usually sort by weight using my electronic scale. Depending on what I am doing I put all within +-1 or 2 grains in batches. I quit weighing the Lapua brass since it all was withinn the specs I was looking for.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Mel - any feedback from Lapua on teh use of match grade brass in the .308 and 6.5x55 match ammo.

JeffVN

·
Registered
522 Posts
Jeff's right on the money. 8)

Our "TX" group is indeed interested, even thought some of us are lagging in the reloading dept. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
mele said:
Heh, for my texas friends, no problem!! Actually, for anyone ordering in bulk, I'll offer discounts.
Sweet!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am almost certain that the Aficionado match ammo does use the match grade brass, but I'm following up with that to be certain.

I am submitting the paperwork to become a lapua dealer tomorrow.

MEL

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Excellent!! then I can fireform my new .308 brass at the same time I shoot in a match. :D

JeffVN

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is Lapua's official reply to this question:

Mel,

Yes it is the same case. We produce only match grade case and have no second class quality for any purposes.

Best regards,
Janne Pohjoispaa
Nammo Lapua R & D
Well, that about answers that question!! They ONLY make match grade!

Everything is being sent in today to become a dealer. I don't get screaming prices, BUT, I have access to all the lapua ammo (thats not military only). I'm anxious to try it out.

MEL

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
mele said:
Price on the .338 Lapua 250gr HPBT would be about $70 per box of 20 (ouch). No luck on the AP485

MEL
70$ is my price? Is that with or without shipping?

I have 40 rounds of .338 Lapua AP485... im going to do some steel target test's... 1/2 inch... 3/4 inch.. 1 inch... 1-1/4 inch... ect ect all the way up to 3 inchs thick. All at 100 yards. The plates will be placed in such a fashion to where they wont move when shot so i can get accurate penetration readings. Ill let you know how it performs. :)

BC

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll have to wait until I get my account setup and see what the exact final pricing will be...

MEL

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Are you going to try and go for the master level dealer? Or do you not want to wait that long between orders due to the amount you would have to order.

Just curious,

John

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For right now, I will not be able to go for master level. It takes a $5000 order... while everything would be cheaper, we wouldn't go through it fast enough, unless people were buying 500 rounds at a time... (or 200 rounds of .338 Lapua at a time :D )

MEL

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Not so fast Mel

Lets see where people are (as in for real and seriously on the ordering side) - if you get enough orders for the $5,000 - what does that mean for the 6.5x55 ammo and the .308 match ammo? Depending upon the effect that has on the price, I looking at getting 500 on the .308 match and probably 250 to 300 rounds on the 6.5x55 (I'm not going to shoot it frequently enough to justify buying more). If they load the 155s in the .308, I may bump that up to 750 on the .308.

Jeffvn

1 - 20 of 32 Posts