Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with.308 WIN laser cartridges? I consider buying one to use with laser targets for dry fire practicing with my Remington 700.

Thank you!

Kidon

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use em' on my .40SW Sig Sauer and Custom built AR-15. I can't find one for my .308 though. I use it in conjuction with the Mantis X10 Elite. I'm interested in knowing who has em' in a .308.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have just bought my .308 WIN here:

The problem is that I need to use a cleaning rod through the barrel to push the cartridge out from the chamber.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice! Please let me know how it goes. Especially if you have any issues with removing the cartridge from the chamber.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I use my scope to determine if I move during my exercises. I took and resized empty case put a pencil eraser in the primer pocket and seated a bullet deep so as to not touch the lands. If the cross hair is still in on the bull when it goes click, I know I'm golden on that try. No batteries required..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use my scope to determine if I move during my exercises. I took and resized empty case put a pencil eraser in the primer pocket and seated a bullet deep so as to not touch the lands. If the cross hair is still in on the bull when it goes click, I know I'm golden on that try. No batteries required..
I'm curious what exactly would be any difference between what you made and a snap cap?

I have the X10 Elite and I do love it, I'm just not sure if it's quite accurate enough for PLR. I've locked my M40 clone with TriggerTech Diamond into my skid to try and eliminate movement and the X10 still tends to very with scores between 99.7-100 & a mode of 99.8. Is that me? Maybe, but looking at how my trace date compares to typical movements it's 'pointy' and random looking compared to 'normal' curves I see off the platform and still getting scores >99.5.

I'd definitely be willing to shoot with an X10 and let my spotter be connected to it though. Let him use it to give better corrections or maybe a notice if I'm not really being as stable as I think.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I'm curious what exactly would be any difference between what you made and a snap cap?

I have the X10 Elite and I do love it, I'm just not sure if it's quite accurate enough for PLR. I've locked my M40 clone with TriggerTech Diamond into my skid to try and eliminate movement and the X10 still tends to very with scores between 99.7-100 & a mode of 99.8. Is that me? Maybe, but looking at how my trace date compares to typical movements it's 'pointy' and random looking compared to 'normal' curves I see off the platform and still getting scores >99.5.

I'd definitely be willing to shoot with an X10 and let my spotter be connected to it though. Let him use it to give better corrections or maybe a notice if I'm not really being as stable as I think.
Mine was free as I had the components already. Many of my cases that I feel are no longer suited for LD rounds for whatever reason work fine as snap caps. I'll save the bullets that I pull from the rounds that were past the pressure test threshold and use those for snap caps. Why throw them out. I mark them with a red or blue sharpie so that I know they've been pulled but usually it's pretty obvious.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts