Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp im bored guys..haha id figure id go ahead and let yall know im actually going through with it..Going to Camp Robinson in North little rock...think it will be good for me..spade seems to think so too...any advice is welcome..i figure id go in there with the im not takin no crap off noone..no matter how big they are..if they talk crap..ill just punch them in the face for awhile..is that a good idea?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I would say that is the perfect attitude, if you were going to prison.

I'd say go there wanting to learn and to do whatever takes to reach that ends.

John

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes...but i want to learn and do whatever it takes to get to the end...But at the same time..the guys will know not to mess with me..cuz ill freak out on them..You konw?

·
Registered
994 Posts
olson said:
Yes...but i want to learn and do whatever it takes to get to the end...But at the same time..the guys will know not to mess with me..cuz ill freak out on them..You konw?
What you've described sounds like a great way to:

1) Get kicked out, and
2) Make yourself susceptible to negative criminal and civil consequences.

Don't be afraid to defend yourself, and as important as it is to stand up for yourself, demonstrate a higher degree of maturity and respond appropriately, in a manner that won't put you in bad standing with your instructors.

Best of luck, I think you'll do great.

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Punching folks is a bad idea. Just walk away from arguments. You are there in order to learn something. And if there are idiots who don't want to learn, you should avoid them.

Just keep quiet and listen to what your instuctors are trying to teach you. Concentrate on what they are teaching you. And if you are bothered by petty insults, then you aren't concentrating properly.

Thus endeth the sermon for today.

Mad. :roll:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
madgunsmith said:
Thus endeth the sermon for today.

Mad. :roll:
Preach on Mad (your doing a good job)!

Look little fella, you have two ears and one mouth, listen twice as much as you talk....................make the most of this................don't screw it up with trying to impress the wrong folks, listen to the teachers (and loose the attitude)!

·
Registered
383 Posts
olson said:
Welp im bored guys..haha id figure id go ahead and let yall know im actually going through with it..Going to Camp Robinson in North little rock...think it will be good for me..spade seems to think so too...any advice is welcome..i figure id go in there with the im not takin no crap off noone..no matter how big they are..if they talk crap..ill just punch them in the face for awhile..is that a good idea?
If you have beef with someone, go somewhere private with them, and fight. It is between you and the guy, not your peers. If he has the stones he will accept. If not, people will know if they mess with you, there will be a problem. But if you mouth off to everyone, expect your ass to fall.

--

We did this in basic and airborne school. Asked the DS and black hats for a private room, did your business, and you leave it at that.

In my basic at benning, another platoon took over our laundry room and started taking crap out of our washers and dryers. One of the guys on firewatch saw them and came back to wake everyone up. To say we didnt whoop their asses (bad) would be a lie.

Then they brought thier platoon (a bunch of 18 series wanna-bes), a huge fight ensued in the laundry room (big concrete room with a giant concrete hand wash area in the middle), everyone got hurt, cut, bruised. But they never f*cked with our laundry room again.

The next day at formation the DS' laughed thier asses off because everyone was in some sort of injury. And as I do recall, the morning PT sucked- bad.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

Good luck.... and don't voluntier for anything now. :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys...makes me feel better to talk to people thats been there...whats the bathroom privleges like??..do they make you hold it all day and stuff? or how often do you get to go?

·
Registered
994 Posts
olson said:
Thanks guys...makes me feel better to talk to people thats been there...whats the bathroom privleges like??..do they make you hold it all day and stuff? or how often do you get to go?
Olson, check your PMs (it's under the SC logo, it'll say you have a new message).

Scatch Maroo

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
I never been there or done that Olson, so mostly this is just to wish ya luck.

What my friends say though, is just be yourself and don't waste time feeling nervous or anything. Do the best you can and the people who like you are going to like you, the people who don't won't but its not about that. Try to hang out with the people who are successful, cause success breeds success...Hangin with the wrong crowd only brings you down.

Best case though, you enjoy it all, so think about that...Best of luck to ya man, only you can make it a positive experience for yourself

·
Registered
383 Posts
They let you piss between classes the first week, and when your doing training there are normally porta-crappers to use.

You are forced to drink water all the time, so expect to be a porta-firehose. On a ruck it was not uncommon to see someone unbutton (button fly's), and piss on the move. I did several times. Especially on the last ruck "eagle hill." What was that, 20mi?

If your infantry, basic is completely different. Either way it was fun for me, take it in stride, and learn something.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dang dude... piss on the run?...haha i couldnt do that ....but oh well...if it gets bad enough to were ima bout to piss my pants...im sure i could.. no worries i dont suppose..

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dang dude... piss on the run?...haha i couldnt do that ....but oh well...if it gets bad enough to were ima bout to piss my pants...im sure i could.. no worries i dont suppose..

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

lol.... the only time needing a piss is a real issue, is when your sleeping in the field, nice and warm in your sleeping bag, with your boots off, and cant be arsed to go out into the cold to find a tree.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Oh the stories of basic!

I was at benning in the winter, so it was cold. And they dont give you polypros or warm clothing to wear. BDU's bubba.

Anyway, firewatch 0300, FTX, cold and ****, my shift if over and I gotta wake up my buddy, I wake him up, but he wont budge, I wait 10 minutes, and he tells me to "find someone else." Well, I decided to piss on his shelter half instead. Boy, did that stink rucking it around. (Note: I went to sleep, he got smoked for not being on FW)

--

Drug test day #2. Wake up at around 0300, entire company gets shoved into 1 barrack. Everyone drinks 3-5 canteens of water. A long ass lecture by one of the Sgts. causes people to have to "really go."

He insisted on doing it one at a time. One guy starts pissin in his empty canteen because cant hold it no more. A DS sees him and tells him to drink it back down- AND HE DOES! The DS about lost his smokey hat, calling him a dumb moron, etc. He wasnt supposed to actually drink it.

Anywho, Fisrt Sgt. walks in and asks why the hell we are goin 1 at a time (most of us have already gone "halfway" Taking a piss before we explode but pinching some off). So we start doing 5 at a time (Open shitter stalls @ basic), and I was luckily one of the first to get to go. I went so much that 3 other groups of people had come, gone, and pee'd before I was done.

Good times. Had some fun on KP duty too.

"pissing on a run"

Marching isn't running.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Anyone have comments/experiences with OCS?

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Scatch Maroo said:
Anyone have comments/experiences with OCS?

Scatch Maroo
While I haven't been to OCS I have been to several military schools. Most are the same in that you need to keep your mouth shut and ears open. Don't try to prove anything to any one. You are there to learn, not voice your opinion. Keep your uniform ironed and boots polished. Do what your told whaen your told.

Most military schools give you the answers to tests/problems before they give you the test. (some SOF schools are diffrent, but they are looking for a specific type of person) If you are intrested in OCS it is do able. After seeing some of the butter bars I have seen it can't be to hard.

·
Registered
994 Posts
ekaphoto said:
(some SOF schools are diffrent, but they are looking for a specific type of person)
What's SOF? Also, are the living accomodations much like boot camp, or academy-like in dorms?

Scatch Maroo

1 - 20 of 23 Posts