Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking of buying a Savage 10fp and would like to see what you guys have done with them. Thank you all for your time.

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
Sorry about the post before this one.....here is my 10FP in .308 with the ultimate varmint stock. The glass on it is a NCStar.....which sux I might add. lol. Will be changing to something different soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seen the request and signed up today. I will post more pictures when the weather turns for the better and I can get outside.

10FP McMillan .308
NXS 5.5x22x56

Lots of good information here on this forum.

Thanks, Brad

·
Registered
43 Posts

Old pick with the super sniper will have to update

·
Registered
43 Posts
Some updated pics

·
Registered
93 Posts
I like the look of that muzzle brake on your Savage 10 FP shakylx. What brand of brake is that, and did you have a gunsmith install it for you?

·
Registered
262 Posts
That looks like an SSS brake to me.

Beautiful rifles.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Here is my first build. Its not much to look at but its a sweet shooter. Its been borlapped and glass bedded. Then i had the action stoned to make it smoother. Thats about all. enjoy.

Here is a birchwood casey small target. Thats a 3 shot group at 125 yards.

And here are some cards i attempted to cut in half at 75 yards with my .270.

enjoy!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
usngunner,

Nice ACU job. Did you use the kit? I just ordered a better airbrush and already have a HVLP gun.
I have done 5 Duracoat jobs but haven't tried the ACU digital pattern. That rifle looks great.

How do you like the IOR?

·
Registered
43 Posts
The brake on my rifle is a vais brake and it works great i have it so i dont lose my sight picture while varmint hunting i havent had it hunting yet but i can stay on target at the range it reduced the bi-pod hop and muzzle jump and yes i had a great gun smith install it for me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
mjones said:
usngunner,

Nice ACU job. Did you use the kit? I just ordered a better airbrush and already have a HVLP gun.
I have done 5 Duracoat jobs but haven't tried the ACU digital pattern. That rifle looks great.

How do you like the IOR?
I got the color pack from Lauer Weaponry, but got the stencils from Wookie at Tacticalcamo.com. If you let him know you're doing a full rifle, he'll hook you up with a longer stencil pack. They're good templates and very cost effective. He made the cannons for me by special request as well. ;)

I love the IOR. I shoot from 100 to 1k regularly, it always goes back to zero and has the best glass I have ever seen. Great scope.

·
Registered
48 Posts
"CHARON"
Savage 10FP .308 24" BBL
Mueller Tac II 3-10X44, Butler Creek Caps
Warne Base, TPS Medium Rings
B&C Medalist Tactical Stock, Harris Bipod
Eagle Stock Pack

Group fired with non-match ammo.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Great looking rifle usngunner .. I realy like the crossed "digi swords" ... 8)

Also the matching rear sand bag ..... very nice.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Kiwi said:
Great looking rifle usngunner .. I realy like the crossed "digi swords" ... 8)

Also the matching rear sand bag ..... very nice.
Thanks. Those would actually be digitized Cannons. Those were my rating badge in the Navy. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
gordon_gekko said:
where do you get a paintjob like that? im assuming you cant do it yourself
Gordon_gekko,

If you're asking me, yep, I did it at home.

I ordered the ACU color pack from Lauer, and got the stencils from wookie at Tacticalcamo.com, I told him I was doing a full rifle and he sent me an extra long set. He also made the GM digitized stencils for me on request, I sent him the pattern and he digitized them in a bunch of varying sizes. Really a good guy.

Tore rifle down, blasted it, and used my airbrush to paint with. It took some time, but I'm really really happy with it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts