Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I had to put my rifle purchase on hold. This was because i needed to buy a new vehicle. Now that that is done with I can come back to this. I would like to see all those 700 sps varmints or tacticals out there. Thinking of buying one of them soon. Also what would be a good set up for punching holes in paper, deer hunting and p dog hunting?

Thanks again guys, this forum is very helpful. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
77 Posts
SPS tactical
HS stock
KARSTON cheek piece
EVO gunworks scope rail
TPS low rings
Leupold MARK 2 6-18x40 scope
HARRIS bipod

·
Registered
332 Posts
Remington 700 SPS Varmint 22" barrel
McMillian A4 stock
Leupold Mk4 LR/T 8.5x25x50 mildot
TPS Base/Burris tactical rings

Soon to come:

24" Schneider barrel
Old version of Rem 700 trigger, tuned up and set to 2lbs
DDRoss recoil lug
DDRoss bottom metal
Seekin and Precision 30MOA base with 8-40 screw size
Badger Ordance USMC M40A3 30mm rings - milliatry issue OR Max 50 BO scope rings

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I just picked up an SPS varmint in .204 Ruger. I'll post a pic as soon as I can. I'm thinking HS stock, VX-III optics, Harris bipod.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
golfkiller said:
pleas ,have someone pictures of medalist tactical stock with Olive drab ?
The second picture up from your post is the stock and finish you're referring to. :?

-matt

·
Registered
197 Posts
Scope is a Burris Fullfield II Tactical 3-9x with the ballistic plex reticle. Sticking out of the bottom there is the Arms Tech Mag Extender, which for my .223 expands capacity to 8 rounds (want to have extra rounds loaded in case the paper targets attempt to organize and overtake my position at the bench).

[/url]

·
Registered
96 Posts
golfkiller said:
Hi,it´s possible somewhere buy original olive stock on SPS V ? To my country
is imported only black
If you watch the classifieds section here and on some other sites you might be able to find one. I've seen them posted forsale in the past..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Remington 700 SPS Varmint 308

Remington 700 SPS Varmint 308
Bell & Carlson Tactical Medalist Stock
Bushnell Elite 3200 Fixed 10x
Badger Ordance 20 MOA Base
Leupold Mk4 Rings
Harris 6-9 Swivel Bipod
Hardigg Stormcase iM3300

New Tac Ops bolt handle installed

New cheek pad

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
This shall be my new coyote/truck rifle.

My Remington 700 SPS varmint....I've put it in an HS, plan to bed it. Probably going to stick a Leupy 6-18 on it when I put a 6.5-20x40 VX-III on my VLS. Thinking about a grasslands camo on the stock.

·
Registered
162 Posts
My Remington sps .308

This is my Remington sps varmit in a .308. Ontop is a 6-24-40, with one piece Leupold base, Burris 50 rings. as you can tell its a USS stock. ( I was unsure about the stock but after getting one in my hands i knew that it had potential). I bedded the stock for the rifle and now its shooting just a hair under .5 moa with my hand loads. and yes it is on my kitchen counter. Let me know what you guys think......

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
No Quarter said:
SPS Tactical .223
B & C Medalist Tactical stock
Bushnell 3200 10x
Ironsighter base
Weaver medium rings

Mine is pretty close to this one.

Remington 700 SPS Varmint in .223

·
Registered
162 Posts
sps varmit

I just sent the barrel out to get cryo done on it...i am hoping that it will get it closer to .25... if you dont mind me asking, what uses do you find for the .223?? this is somthing that i have thought about for years now....besides varmit and paper i couldnt really find somthing suitable for it???? by the way you have yerslef a nice rifle there....what scope do you have there??? I hate to say it but right now i am using a Barska. orignially i bought it for a back up scope, but i ended up taking to it so much i never bought a higher end scope....its stayes true and i dont have any clairty issues with it....the only drawback would be you cant feel the adj in the knobs.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts