Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 744 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Marc said:
all i got are 2 magazines and 10 rounds and no AR :(

you might be a gun nut if you own rounds to a gun you don't own... YET
ha! I've got some .30-06 cheap Federal Powershok lying around that I don't have a gun for, my buddy and I hit the range with this ANCIENT Remington 7400. Thing hadn't been cleaned in years, it was handed down to my friend from his grandpa and this was our first time shooting it. Basically, the thing didn't cycle it was so gunked up, and the magazine was so beat to crap it would jam on the way in. So, we resorted to manually loading and ejecting round by round. The barrel was way too light on that thing for shooting benchrest, you could see the barrel whip and the muzzle climbed something nasty. It sure did shoot straight though, we were shooting at 100m with a silhouette target and wherever I pointed the cheap tasco rectacle, there was a hole. Shot two consecutive touching 3 round groups out of the 40 rounds I put through it, most of which is luck I'm sure... but for everything that junker had going against it she sure did shoot nice.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Rock River Arms, Entry Tactical with Larue Tactical forend. That's a cheap simmons scope on top. There's not much of a cheek weld with the scope mounted that high. I've gotta take that riser off and get a BUIS. I'm looking to get one of those Millet Designated Marksman scopes too.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
whbonney26 said:
Here is my Bushmaster M4
These are the only pics I have of it at this time.

One word:

RAMBO

:lol:

dom

·
Registered
1,619 Posts

My Bravo Co. 16" Middy, Sun Devil lower with Eotech and Larue EO Mount.

I have since replaced the 552 Eotech with a 553 model.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Here's my Bushy Predator with LaRue Tactical SPR104 Mount-(Mounted a little too far forward in these pics :oops: but you get the idea.) Burris XTR3x12 Illum Mil-dot, still need the rear flip up iron sight. Yankee Hill Flip up Front sight. I thought about the MagPul PRS stock, but the A2 works so well for me I've decided to keep it as is an put the money toward something else.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Mavrick10_2000, A.R.M.S. make detachable mounts for AR's that detach with the throw of two levers. This might be a better setup for you to be able to remove scope quickly and be able to then use you iron sights.

·
Registered
297 Posts
cledus said:
Hey Mavrick10_2000, A.R.M.S. make detachable mounts for AR's that detach with the throw of two levers. This might be a better setup for you to be able to remove scope quickly and be able to then use you iron sights.
Cledus,

Understood ! The A.R.M.S. is a good mount. The Larue is a QD with 2 levers and the rear lockable, the ARMS is less pricey, but I love the Larue. It absolutely holds a repeatable zero and "is built like a tank".

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Don't forget the SCAR. :wink:

I was just looking into that very rifle. I may have to PM you some questions.

One other thing, NO IRONS?!

-snowy

·
Registered
785 Posts
Well, technically, the SCAR is not an AR, even though it says so SCAR. 8)

I'm on a list for a SCAR H (.308) when it comes out, and I was going to get the SCAR-L, but I think the MASADA blows it away, so I opted for one of those too. I'm on a list for two of them, one for me, and one for a buddy. The options on the MASADA make it an unbelievable weapon platform.

I know, I know. I'm gonna order some TROY BUIS for this soon, I just haven't got around to it.

David

1 - 20 of 744 Posts