Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
whbonney26 said:
I just ordered the Complete series of Wanted Dead or Alive off of ebay the other day for like 15.00.
Man, that's a smokin' deal! About 4 yrs ago I paid like $40 for season one (36 episodes) on dvd.

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
lonewolf said:
whbonney26 said:
I just ordered the Complete series of Wanted Dead or Alive off of ebay the other day for like 15.00.
Man, that's a smokin' deal! About 4 yrs ago I paid like $40 for season one (36 episodes) on dvd.

Look around on eBay. They are all over it now for around 15.00. Cant beat that for all three seasons.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thought I would show you that a lever action will also shoot fairly well. Here is a 10 shot group with one of my 45-70s.

·
Registered
232 Posts
rkwrichard said:
.........10 shot group with one of my 45-70s.
:shock: :shock:

Ouch!!!! You are a better man than I. I love both of my 1895GS (18.5")and my 1895 SDT (16.25") .45-70s but I am not near man enough to shoot a 10 round group with them. My flinching would have started to show around 5. By 10 it would look like I was using an 10ga loaded with 00 buck. :oops: GREAT round, but punishing to shoot. I commend you for your discipline. :lol:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Here's my Marlin 1894C .357 Mag that was given to me by my step-dad. He hadn't even run a full box of ammo through it since he bought it in 1982. Since then, I've maybe run another 50 rounds total. Sweet shooter, but kind of a pain to load.

And here is the little Henry .22LR Carbine I bought for my son - his first rifle. He hasn't gotten to shoot it yet - he's only 5. It's a sweet shooter, but I was ticked when received it and found out the sights were plastic. I called Henry, and they sent me metal replacement sights, but they were of even less quality than the plastic ones it came with, and the paint easily chipped off the cheap metal. For an heirloom rifle, I really wish there wasn't any plastic on it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Winchester 94 Theodore Roosevelt commemorative 30-30. I fired this gun earlier today and was pretty surprised by its accuracy. I had not shot this gun in over twelve years, the last time was when i was in the FORTH grade while shooting at a hog. This thing kicks like a mule and spits fire. I remember once when I was young I shot a hog in low light conditions and was amazed by the flame. Even today in broad daylight the flame seemed bright. The recoil was pretty strong today and I cant imagine that i liked firing this thing in the fourth grade. Does anyone know if this is a pre or post 64?

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
Here are a couple Winchester 94s that I picked up. Both are post 64 models.
One is a 1979 with no finish left at all. Im sure that the finished was stripped and not just worn.

My plans with the 1979 is to send the receiver to Doug Turnbull and have him color case harden it and blue the other metal. The wood is nice on it.

This one is a 1981 which the metal is in MINT condition and only a couple slight dings in the wood. Great looking rifle if I do say so myself.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a couple this is my main deer rifle, 336 cut to 16.5", Swift EER Scope on a XS rail.

She'll shoot too!

This is my levergun plinker, Henry 001, refinished the receiver and shot and shot and shot.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello All:

On my 10th birthday my parents got me a Winchester Model 190 semi-auto 22. On my 12th birthday they got me a Glenfield Model 30A. I still have both of them. These photos are of the Glenfield. I am now 53 years old. Does that make both the rifles and I antiques. My Glenfield still has its original scope. With the exception of a noticeable scratch on the stock (a small one) I have tried to take very good care of it. The scope is not nearly as good as it was but I can still use it.

Ray

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts

I got this Winchester '94 30-30 when my grandpa on my mom's side died about 2 years ago. It has a Weaver side mount and the scope has no markings, but appears to be about 4X. It was originally my great-grandpa's. I used this rifle to take my first coyote when I was about 7. My mom thinks (but can't remember for sure) that she used this rifle to take her first deer. I haven't shot it since I inherited it.

·
Registered
791 Posts
BigTex4855 said:

I got this Winchester '94 30-30 when my grandpa on my mom's side died about 2 years ago. It has a Weaver side mount and the scope has no markings, but appears to be about 4X. It was originally my great-grandpa's. I used this rifle to take my first coyote when I was about 7. My mom thinks (but can't remember for sure) that she used this rifle to take her first deer. I haven't shot it since I inherited it.
That is cool and a keeper for sure. I have a old shotgunmygrandfathergave me that was his first gun. He worked in a corfield for a weeks to get it. It brought dinner to thier family many days. Very cool!

81 - 100 of 108 Posts