Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Leupold CQT is an investment I decided to make the one day while I was browsing through the one gunshop I frequent in Tamaqua, the same area I attended my recent freshman year of college. Anyway, I took the plunge and bought the scope. For $750 I thought to myself, "this thing had better be worth it." And it was. I have it mounted on my M4 and it has not failed me yet. I do tactical shooting with it, close range shooting, plinking, and occasional bench shooting. It's a good scope for the money. The Orangish Yellow Hue Circle Dot reticle is easy to get on target with. The thing I really like about this scope is that it is VARIABLE power for a dot scope! I had to have it!!! I am a big believer in Leupold products and i said to hell with it and got this scope. The scope came with a flat top mount, a fixed handle M16 screw with a bolt, and butler creek lens covers. Not bad if you ask me. Some reviews I have read about it said, "it was as if looking through a straw." Not quite. It has GREAT clarity and the magnification helped in 100 yard off hand paper punching and steel targets at 200 yards. THe scope looks rather robust in appearnce, and it kinda is. Its a long tube for a CQC scope. Does it beat out the ACOG or the AIMPOINT? Well, its all a different amount of quality and depends on the useres preference. It takes a AA battery pack and can expend itself rather quickly if left on in the high power source. All in all the CQT is a great piece of glass for the money. I am going to review this on my M16 sometime as well sometime.

Respectfully,
Tyler Consugar

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The adjustments on the scope are much like those on a hunting scope. These are .5 MOA adjustment if memory serves me correct. And the lens covers must be unscrewed to make the adjustments. One gripe I have with the CQT is the lack of M3 style tactical knobs. Other then that, a scope that would be moounted on a weapon I would get in a spider hole with.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I can clearly see why leupold left any M1 or M3 knobs off the scope. Completely different application. The CQ/T scope is suppose to be used in close quarters, in theory you zero the rifle once, and then leave it. Its not like a sniper rifle where you are constantly changing the dials. I don't think the absense of target knobs, M1 or M3 dials is a mistake or a problem, just a different mission

MEL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts