1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is...

Leupold.com said:
Custom Bullet Drop Compensation Dials

You know your rifle, riflescope, load, and ballistics like nobody else. Now you can have custom Bullet Drop Compensation (BDC) dials for your Leupold riflescope. Just fill out our ballistics worksheet (available at your Authorized Golden Ring Dealer) with your ballistics data, and we will, in turn, create a precision laser engraved dial that allows you to adjust for bullet impact at extremely long range.

The positive click adjustment dials are made of aircraft-grade aluminum, with the appropriate ranges clearly and accurately laser engraved on the dial. Simply determine range to the target then adjust to the corresponding mark on the elevation dial to achieve startling long range precision. If you’re a serious long-distance shooter, this is a simple, yet extremely valuable modification to your scope that will prove its worth immediately in the field.

Long range shots become more precise and more ethical, greatly improving shooting with practice.
found @ http://www.leupold.com/resources/custom ... m_shop.htm

Ok thats cool stuff... custom ballistic drop knobs for your favorite Leupold scope for your exact hand load / rifle ballistics. Now... the question.

Do they also make wind drift knobs ( horizontal adjustment knob ) for a specific load and a specific wind speed?

BC

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Mel...

Also... i sent you an instant message on your yahoo screen name about a price quote on a Leupold scope... did you recieve it?

Im interested in a :

Leupold MK4 16X40mm M1 LR with the MK4 rings and a 4 inch sun shade and butler creek flip ups... a local gun store has one for pretty cheap but i wanted to see your price as well before buying it. So far... the local gun store's price is beating every thing i can find on the internet.

BC

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
They might just be trying to clear it out for cost, that happens sometimes when an item is custom ordered and then the orderer bails on them. Here is my pricing:

Leupold 16x M1 with mildots: $1239
or
Leupold 16x M1 duplex: $1163
Butlercreek flip ups: $12
4" Sunshade (Alumina for 2004 and newer): $24
Mark 4 30mm rings: $115

MEL

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I beleive the scope at the local store is a custom shop make... possibly ordered by some one with unsufficient funds... maybe thats why its so cheap. ($850 now is better than none ever for them i guess)

The scope is a MK4 16X40mm M1 LR with a 4" sunshade and butler creek flip ups and MK4 rings... it is brand new still in the box / wrapper never been mounted. They are asking $850 for the whole package... (he says it has been sitting in the back room for over a 6 months) i think this is an awesome deal... im going to go call them right now to tell them its sold! (they have it on hold for me) :D

BC

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As soon as im done checking all the new post's im going down to pick it up... i have allready called them and they are holding it for me. :)

BC

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Why don't I ever find any deals like that?

:(

-snowy

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you ask to see if they have anything like that? Or do ya just look at what they have in the case's out front? I ask if they have any specials or good deals on anything in the back... i usually cant find any cheap deals like this one... but i do find them every know and then. You have to ask!

BC

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Yeah, the only good gun shop around here is Cabella's ad I don't like all the rilfe barrels swining around at eye level.

I'll have to brave the horde again soon and look.

-snowy

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
snowy said:
Yeah, the only "good" gun shop around here is Cabella's
I feel sorry for you :cry:

BC

1 - 12 of 12 Posts