Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all:

I recently purchased a brand new Leupold Wind River Sequoia 15-45x spotting scope. I have very little experience dealing with spotting scopes, but since I like long distance rifle shooting I had to buy one. My budget was limited so I thought that this scope would be the best combination of quality at a reasonble cost.

When I fisrt tried the scope a week ago, I was surprised to observe that images were somehow unclear at higher magnifications ( 35-45X) turning sharper at lower magnifications ( 15-25X) I´m not sure whether or not this is normal for spotting scopes. My old Nikon 7x binoculars give a perfect image, but I realize that this is a totally different story.

I wrote to Leupold´s customer service, they said OK send us the scope. The problem is that I live in Southamerica so sending back and forth the scope would mean $ 50-70. The scope was $ 294 including case, tripod and shipping

In few words, my question is:

Would spotting scopes give the same clear sharp images at lower and higher magnifications ?

Thanks a lot for your help

·
Registered
994 Posts
On the objective of my USO scope is an adjustment that allows me to specify the distance I'm viewing, from 100-800/infinity. When it is on 800, things at 100 yards look pretty crappy. When it is at 100, it's crystal. I don't know anything about your spotting scope, but make sure it doesn't have something like this.

Scatch Maroo

1 - 2 of 2 Posts